Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen something like this?

Hello everyone, long time no post. I have a question for everyone: has anybody ever seen this type of clear coat staining? Scenario, my area received a couple of rainy days, then the day I planned to wash the car, I became ill. The car sat outside for a few days and was not able to tend to the paint because I was tending to myself. In my opinion, this looks like a chemical stain, it is most apparent with lighting off axis. Two photos with different lighting. These photos are after machine polishing, I am unable to get the paint up to a warmer temp needed to effectively remove water spots. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone seen something like this?

Hey Mean! Hope you are feeling better and on the mend!

It looks the same to me as well. Very strange that happened after some rain.

Is the vehicle coated?

It should be correctable, but you may need to wait till you can get better conditions to do so.

Keep us posted!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes TheMeanGreen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen something like this?

Sizzle- I have no idea what caused the stain, there is another car that sits in the driveway and there is similar staining on the rear glass of the vehicle. Need to check with the neighbor to see if any of their vehicles experienced the same staining. Hopefully between this weekends temp and sunlight, I can get the paint warm enough to swell it.

The vehicle is not coated, photos are of a hazed/rough polished area with one layer of FK1000P applied to keep the paint safe until further correction attempt.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated.

P.S.- I did use this as an excuse to pick up Ammo NYC’s new version of FROTHe (ANTI-SALT) and Boost, we shall how they handle light water spotting.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Park it in the Sunlight. It`ll clear up as fast as it appeared. Glad you`re feeling better
    Likes TheMeanGreen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

TheMeanGreen:
    Sounds like acid rain contamination IF others in your area are experiencing the same staining on their vehicles, but I am guessing.
    IF it disappears with the warming sun, well then I don`t know what it is and why it happened.

Not related to the stain, but where did you buy the new Ammo FROTHe from, because it is not available from the Autopia Store??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    TheMeanGreen:
    Sounds like acid rain contamination IF others in your area are experiencing the same staining on their vehicles, but I am guessing.
    IF it disappears with the warming sun, well then I don`t know what it is and why it happened.

Not related to the stain, but where did you buy the new Ammo FROTHe from, because it is not available from the Autopia Store??
    AMMO NYC website. Unfortunately, I cannot link it.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did this ever clear up?

Post Thanks / Like

I had something similar from rain runoff in a parking garage in downtown Pittsburgh. It had dripped down the parking garage and hit my paint. I used a strong citrus cleaner with some Ultimate Compound, 3.5" backing plate pad and speed 5 on my GG 3rd generation. It finally removed the stain after 3 hits. I sprayed the cleaner on the stained area, then hit it with the buffer Orange B&S pad. The stuff held on like crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    I had something similar from rain runoff in a parking garage in downtown Pittsburgh. It had dripped down the parking garage and hit my paint. I used a strong citrus cleaner with some Ultimate Compound, 3.5" backing plate pad and speed 5 on my GG 3rd generation. It finally removed the stain after 3 hits. I sprayed the cleaner on the stained area, then hit it with the buffer Orange B&S pad. The stuff held on like crazy.
    Sounds like what you experienced was Lyme. A lot of older concrete parking structures "leak" when it rains. That stuff is sure enough nasty and can be very difficult to remove. The sooner you address it the better.
    What the OP is dealing with is not Lyme imo. It`s moisture caught between the clear coat and paint. I started seeing this occasionally when the VOC laws changed in 1998. I highly advise against polishing this area.
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Thread Information