Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is This The One?

Everyone has been waiting to see if it would actually hit the market? It was in my email today.

https://www.lcpowertools.com/udos-51e#Overview

https://youtu.be/xhLF0YqAj_M
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is This The One?

Sorry for being lazy, I’m in a rush but interested. Isn’t a 1200W motor pretty good for a DA?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll withhold judgment until someone credible here in this forum has tested and assessed its worthiness as a viable detailing tool.

It has been a long time in the making and my real concern is the "problems" and short-comings" from previous test or beta models at detailing and SEMA trade shows.

So is this tool available now to the general public through its website list of dealerships??? No Manufacturer`s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) , as far as I could see, either.
    GB detailer
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The "Swiss Army Knife" of polishers!

Post Thanks / Like

had a chance to use this last weekend but didnt take as im just happy with my cordless flex triplets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it`s a pretty expensive machine. Probably out of the price range for most enthusiasts.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the prototype last year in person and it is a cool polisher. The only thing was that it was heavy. Would be killer on the shoulder working on those side panels.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As an enthusiast I will have to pass but I am sure a professional would love this machine . As stated above lets see what others have to say.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I saw the prototype last year in person and it is a cool polisher. The only thing was that it was heavy. Would be killer on the shoulder working on those side panels.
    Have you ever used a mid 80`s Craftsman rotary? Those things must have been 10 pounds or more.
    Likes Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Have you ever used a mid 80`s Craftsman rotary? Those things must have been 10 pounds or more.
    It`s a good thing it`s not the mid-`80`s anymore...of course, I did have more hair then.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have not had mine out of the drawer in years..... 10.6 lbs on my shipping scale (holding the cord in the air). Paid $45 for it back around 1977.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes JustJesus, wannafbody, Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This one might be Chinese knock off proof.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    had a chance to use this last weekend but didnt take as im just happy with my cordless flex triplets.
    Civicclutch:
    Which Flex cordless machines do you have?? I assume you make that statement while the do-it-all single polisher idea appeals to you, what ever you feel are its shortcomings are is not enough to replace/displace the current polishing machines you have. I also assume you have seriously invested in this "cordless revolution" for a reason and love the convenience of no cords for your particular correcting and polishing detailing tasks.

I should probably throttle my pessimism with the realism that this much balley-hooed and long-awaited machine is FINALLY here. I know that with any new design, there will be trade-offs and design compromises. That is just the nature of mechanical design and mass production. As alluded to by those who have used and tried the proto-types/demo versions say it is heavy and vibrates a lot and wonder if those attributes/characteristics will negate the advantage of having a user-selectable orbital stroke or rotary motion.

Then we have not even mentioned the selling price. Some of you have mentioned in other posts about this machine that the polishing machine market has shifted to cordless and wonder if the timing of this release is too late and this machine is already obsolete. I would hope not. I REALLY would like this machine to be the next big thing in detailing like microfiber towels, clay mitts, water-activated sealants, and ceramic/graphene coatings that have been game-changers to the detailing process for all of us Autopians
    GB detailer

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

My Makita is 10lbs stripped, no pad, backing plate, etc..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I know that with any new design, there will be trade-offs and design compromises. That is just the nature of mechanical design and mass production.
    Likely! It`s something I`m recently learning about. Designs, trade off, compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Then we have not even mentioned the selling price. Some of you have mentioned in other posts about this machine that the polishing machine market has shifted to cordless and wonder if the timing of this release is too late and this machine is already obsolete.
    I think I saw one of their spokespeople say it would be about 700$ Some will say that`s steep. Factor in you get 5 machines in 1, and I`m not so sure it`s that much. Two Rupes machines and you`re almost already there.

I do want to see this machine take off. Such an idea! I love it. I`m still not seeing a whole lot of people going cordless, or at least they`re not talking about it. Body shop guys will still likely be using their rotaries.

Either way, it`s nice to have another option out there. One that is unique, no less.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information