Has anyone "upgraded" their new Griot`s G9 polisher to the 5" backing plate and pads???

A friend of mine bought this new polisher and he is MORE than happy with the "standard" 6" backing plate and pads that came with it.
He said it has plenty of power and does not stall for him. This is coming from someone who went to a technical school in the mid 70`s to train as a body shop person when all they had were heavy Milwaukee Tool rotary polishers and wool pads, so he knows how to wield a polisher.

I know some of you have mentioned that you will be sticking with the 6" pads as well.

I was just under the impression that a 5" pad would be a little more "forgiving" and easier to handle than a 6" and for getting into some curves.
Personally, I wish Griots would offer an option for the 5" backing plate at the time of purchase, but if the 6" works for a vast majority of its targeted market users, then why offer it.

I also assume that there are no "color-coordinated" screws for use as counterbalances with different pad types like the re-designed BOSS G15 and G21 polishers have. See thread post number #26 by JustJesus:
Redesigned G21 and G15 Polishers

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and experiences!