My hats off to those of you Autopians who learned to use a rotary and still do use a rotary for correction and polishing, whether it be on vintage single-stage paint (or white Toyotas) or today`s rock-hard base coat-and-ceramic clear coat paints. We have debated whether long-throw dual-action (LT-DA)buffers have replaced or supplanted rotaries for detailing vehicle correction and polishing. And it would seem, that for detailing, yes, they have. But not in body shops or new vehicle dealerships, where time is money. There is NO debate that a rotary will correct faster. It will also "destroy" (AKA, burn through, swirl, induce holograms, and just plain scratch) paint faster in the hands of the "unskilled" as evidenced in numerous photos by those of you who make a (good) living correcting such faux pas (no, this French term pronounced "foo-pahs" meaning "error or mistake" is not in the auto-correct!). But I digress....

I REALLY want to know if this do-it-all, be-it-all, the-Holy-Grail-of-a-detailing buffing machine will ever come to market and, if so, when. Prototypes and promises are one thing, reality is another. In all honesty, if the added rotary function is a hang-up in the design, I would say drop it and get on with multi-stroke dual-action design and bring this tool to market. AND if too many variable strokes are impeding the design, make it in two machines: one with the two 21mm and 15mm long stroke and one with the 12mm and 8mm short stroke. Yes, ONE machine with four different stokes is ideal, BUT if there is a compromise in performance for any of them in one machine (the jack-of-all-trades but-the-master-of-none) OR longevity of the machine, then maybe two machines may be better. I know the buyer cost-thing is a HUGE part of this development and marketing; the targeted detailer only wants to buy and use ONE machine, not two. But half a loaf is better than none. Maybe a 15mm and 8mm stoke combo is a better design compromise. Just my thoughts in the design process. I know, go big or go home... but I haven`t seen "the big" and this design is still at home. Just sayin`...(Geez, Captain Obvious, you are adding Captain Cliche to your notoriety!)