Hello everyone, I just upgraded from a PC 7424XP to a Makita PO5000C polisher. It definitely is a world of difference in how fast it cuts, and the time it saves compared to the PC!!! I just finished doing my first paint correction with it on my girlfriends 2012 Ford Fusion, using the new LC Hybrid pads. I must say, I was really disappointed in the Hybrid pads. The white and red pads worked pretty well for applying Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, however, the grey heavy cutting pad was almost useless with Wolfgang Uber Compound. The grey pad is so dense that it`s hard to even get it primed with product, and it`s so hard it kind of just bounces around and makes the polisher a real handful. I ended up using a LC Hybrid blue wool pad with the compound and it worked OK, but it too was really grabby, wanted to walk a lot and didn`t seem to cut as fast as I would have expected.

Has anyone had experience with the PO5000C, using different pads? If so, what have you found work best on it? I saw someone in another post say that the LC HDO pads worked well for them. Anyone else have experience with them?

Thanks in advance for any replies, they are much appreciated!!!

Matt