Hello all. I am an enthusiast detailer and weekend warrior. I bought my PC 10+ years ago and it has served me fine thus far, but I have never needed it for hard paints or serious correction. Light/moderate polishing and LSP application is all I have needed it to do and it is ok for that. However, I always feel that it bogs down and stops spinning at the required 10 lbs of pressure. I would like to upgrade to something a bit more powerful that would meet my needs now and in the future even if we buy a car with harder paint.

Reading through some threads here on the forums, it appears that GG6 is a good upgrade. But I also see a whole host of new DAs as well from the likes of Flex, Rupes, and even Griots themselves, though all of them cost 2-3 times as much as the GG6. I would like to spend less money but if something is more future proof for my needs, I might consider it. Based on what I mentioned above regarding me and the intended use, should I just get GG6 and be done with it or go even further?

With my PC, I have a hard 4.5 inch backing plate and a wide range of 5" foam pads w/ various degrees of hardness for correction as well a few 6" soft foam pads for LSP application. I would prefer to use all of those with the new polisher.

Looking forward to your input.