Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Nano ibird is a beast

Received a facebook inquiry from a local individual who advised me he had tried to wet sand some scratches out of his...and I hope you`re sitting down...black truck.

So I went over to inspect the carnage and, yep, just about what I was imagining.

After reading and inspecting the entire truck, I advised him I would have no issues with the majority of the truck but made sure he had realistic expectations and discussed his plans post detail as this would be The Last Time this clear could be cut into, period. I also educated him on the proper progression of polish, compound, and #grit sand paper as needed.

I advised him I would have to do a small test spot, with his approval to even begin to consider taking this job on.

He agreed and we picked the worst looking spot on the truck.

enter my little friend who I really enjoy having for test spots as well as everything else it does...

enter scary and dramatic music as you see each picture...

bad thing is this truck is too tall to fit in my garage!

So since I`m always interested in a challenge...I quoted him a 2step price and we discussed a basic ceramic coating for a sacrificial layer.

He said he should be ready in August or so (we all know how that goes).

Either way, I won`t be too sad if he never actually books. This is quite the large job and I have a feeling he may end up calling around and finding some other legitimate hack who quotes much less, haha.

This ibird nano...so glad I bought it. Sure does come in handy.

I am going to start offering test spots now if the customer is ok. But I do kind of feel bad about leaving him a small section of his paint almost proper.

But hey, at least he has a reminder of what it should look like. Nano ibird is a beast
    Last edited by 512detail; 06-29-2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: ibird Nano is a beast

Brandt K.
    Likes NLove, lloydrm, nickclark08, Ronkh, Audios S6 and 1 others liked this post

Thread Information