Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 15 - 21mm Polisher

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribe, Also thinking about a Rupes 15MM machine or Flex 15MM machine. I have a flex 3401 and while I like it and it works great I want try a unforced random orbit as I hear they are smoother and easier to operate. I only use it a few times a year and that 3401 beats me up pretty good when i use it. You can never have to many Tools or Toys!

Post Thanks / Like

If I could only have one it would be the Rupes 15. Rupes quality and the 15 versatility, plus made in the USA makes it a winner. You never hear anyone with a Rupes say "I wish I would have bought (fill in the blank)". Very high satisfaction rate. And in the rare instance something does go wrong the Rupes folks fix it without hesitation.
    Likes DaveT435, trashmanssd, danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    If I could only have one it would be the Rupes 15. Rupes quality and the 15 versatility, plus made in the USA makes it a winner. You never hear anyone with a Rupes say "I wish I would have bought (fill in the blank)". Very high satisfaction rate. And in the rare instance something does go wrong the Rupes folks fix it without hesitation.
    I do have the added benefit that there is a Rupes repair facility in the same town I work in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I actually saw that before posting my thread. I saw the Flex 3401 mentioned a few times and figured it wasn`t a thread for me. I just read the full thing and now see that we are in the exact same position, lol!

I`ll buy the Rupes, you buy the Boss 15, and then we`ll trade!

Post Thanks / Like

People keep posting these type of threads. Maybe it`s me - but it seems like such a no brainer. My thoughts...

1. Pay $200 for a cheap Chinese machine. Get a cheap Chinese machine.

2. The Flex 15 seems like a failed unit. Only posts I saw about it is how it blew up - with no input from Flex. No pro detailers seem to use this machine (or a 3401 anymore for that matter).

3. Rupes invented the machine, the counterweight, the pad design, the large throw DA system, and the body style of this type of machine. So, why not buy the original for $25 more dollars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes dschribs, trashmanssd, danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    People keep posting these type of threads. Maybe it`s me - but it seems like such a no brainer. My thoughts...

1. Pay $200 for a cheap Chinese machine. Get a cheap Chinese machine.

2. The Flex 15 seems like a failed unit. Only posts I saw about it is how it blew up - with no input from Flex. No pro detailers seem to use this machine (or a 3401 anymore for that matter).

3. Rupes invented the machine, the counterweight, the pad design, the large throw DA system, and the body style of this type of machine. So, why not buy the original for $25 more dollars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    $25? Based on a 25% discount and 10% discount, the BOSS 15 is $246 - the Rupes is still $399
    Likes upon3 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    $25? Based on a 25% discount and 10% discount, the BOSS 15 is $246 - the Rupes is still $399
    Can`t beat that deal!!! And, you will be happy with the Boss 15. My GG6 is now relegated to "tight spaces" detail with 4" pads and my Boss 15 with Buff & Shine Urotech pads is fantastically smooth and makes quick work of correction and polishing. All with the comfort of knowing if anything goes wrong with either polisher Griots will take care of it.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Can`t beat that deal!!! And, you will be happy with the Boss 15. My GG6 is now relegated to "tight spaces" detail with 4" pads and my Boss 15 with Buff & Shine Urotech pads is fantastically smooth and makes quick work of correction and polishing. All with the comfort of knowing if anything goes wrong with either polisher Griots will take care of it.
    Can`t beat the Amazon deal on what he bought.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Can`t beat the Amazon deal on what he bought.....
    My cheap Chinese machines..

$109 15MM

Flex Generic $135.00

Customer service from this seller outstanding and free shipping

Again my 2cents from a hobbyist who finally seen the light / hype on products and polishers

Ok go ahead and start your bashing but at the end of the day for my uses I have saved money for my other toys

Post Thanks / Like

My cheap Chinese machines..

$109 15MM

Flex Generic $135.00

Customer service from this seller outstanding and free shipping

Again my 2cents from a hobbyist who finally seen the light / hype on products and polishers

Ok go ahead and start your bashing but at the end of the day for my uses I have saved money for my other toys
    I guess that`s one way of looking at it... But I don`t see it as "hype" or "bashing" when someone wants to support/recommend at product(s) from at least ONE of the vendors who support detailing, this forum, and PBMG. Not to mention, supporting the manufacturer who innovated this genre in the first place...

Some people will always buy the cheapest stuff.

Some people will pay more because they know they are getting a superior product and choose to support innovation.

I guess everyone has to decide where they stand.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Adams new polisher .......
    So I see, two steps above the mt300. So many different choices for different ppl. One thing I like seeing is ppl taking pride in their vehicle & using a machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Be great to see the duetto at that price, why am I hung up on the p/c style body? & w/ the mk1 15 going for $299.

Post Thanks / Like

Where or when can I get a deal like this? Been looking at a new Long throw and the china ones are pulling at me because of the low cost but $246 for the G15, I could swing that. $400 for the full price of the other ones, not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes.

Griot`s doesn`t have a 12mm, traditional body style tool - which is my preference.

Rupes is an industrial level tool manufacturer. They gear their products for industry, and professionals. To be around as long as they have, and to have such a reputation they must be doing something right.

While the imitators have come out with excellent products and systems, I prefer to support the innovator of the technology.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information