View Poll Results: Which Handle Do You Prefer?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick Handle

1 4.00%
  • D Handle

3 12.00%
  • Bale Handle

3 12.00%
  • NO Handle

20 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Which Handle Do You Prefer

Myself, I`ve been experimenting with the various handles, and no handle at all. I`m curious to what the numbers look like for the rest of you.

Which do you prefer to use?

If using a machine like the Bigfoot or Boss, do you prefer the bale handle, or have you gone back to the stick or D?

Thank you!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Handle Do You Prefer

Bale handle on every machine I`ve used. Just couldn`t get comfortable with the side handle, even on a rotary.
    Likes Stokdgs, JustJesus liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only used the side handle on rotaries and am very good with that arrangement..

I like that I have great control from the 6 o`clock and the 9 o`clock points and find this is much better in controlling side movements than the 6 and 12 positions..

Tried all the Bale Handles that came with any of the random orbitals and the Flex3401VRG but always went back to the 6 and 9 positions..

Everyone will have their own best feel for any of the places to hold that machine on that vehicle that day, and this is good !
    Dan F
    Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks Civicclutch thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

For me on a rotary I use what is comfortable for the vehicle I`m working on and I`m so use to using the stick handle so I`m going to say stick handle.

Post Thanks / Like

so i`m not familiar with d and bale handle what is what, i know my gg6" has one of em not sure which one tho

Post Thanks / Like

No handle. Boss15. On my Flex pe8 tried a side handle but made me push down she is too small I think

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    Likes Civicclutch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They come with handles????

Likes JustJesus, XxBoostinxX, Mary B, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In all seriousness I don`t really use a handle with any of the tools as IMO it makes the most sense to have your hand directly over the center of the pad, that way pressure is more evenly applied and reduces the chance of the pad being tilted.

With that being said I always used the side handle on my rotaries up until about 2006 when I started using DA`s more and more. I will occasionally still put the side handle back on the rotary if I feel the job requires it. Using the handle on the rotary does give you more control, especially when putting it on edge.
    Likes Stokdgs, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post

Tried all the Bale Handles that came with any of the random orbitals and the Flex3401VRG but always went back to the 6 and 9 positions..

Everyone will have their own best feel for any of the places to hold that machine on that vehicle that day, and this is good !
    Dan F
    AMIGO

So did you end up using a stick handle on the 3401?
    And I agree, everyone will have their way of doing it, based on their comfort. And that`s good!

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    so i`m not familiar with d and bale handle what is what, i know my gg6" has one of em not sure which one tho
    Take a look at the Flex 3401, the part that sticks out over the "head" and slightly passed it. Some might say it`s that duck-bill-looking-thing that`s "built in" on the long throw machines. And since it`s integrated into the design, some might say it`s not a "handle." No big deal, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    No handle. Boss15. On my Flex pe8 tried a side handle but made me push down she is too small I think
    That`s cute! Wouldn`t the handle be *bigger* than the PE8? haha. Actually, the PE8 is a bit bigger than I would have thought!

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    They come with handles????
    Thanks for the morning laugh!

Buuuuut for those who may not know..... Flex and Rupes DO offer stick handles for their machines!

Thank you ALL who took the poll. It is appreicated.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    AMIGO

So did you end up using a stick handle on the 3401?
    And I agree, everyone will have their way of doing it, based on their comfort. And that`s good!

Take a look at the Flex 3401, the part that sticks out over the "head" and slightly passed it. Some might say it`s that duck-bill-looking-thing that`s "built in" on the long throw machines. And since it`s integrated into the design, some might say it`s not a "handle." No big deal, though!

That`s cute! Wouldn`t the handle be *bigger* than the PE8? haha. Actually, the PE8 is a bit bigger than I would have thought!

Thanks for the morning laugh!

Buuuuut for those who may not know..... Flex and Rupes DO offer stick handles for their machines!

Thank you ALL who took the poll. It is appreicated.
    The BOSS has a couple different handles available too with some nice rubber grips. I`m just not a fan of them on free spinning DA`s.

Post Thanks / Like

The BOSS has a couple different handles available too with some nice rubber grips. I`m just not a fan of them on free spinning DA`s.
    Oh yeah. Forgot about them. Yesterday, while researching this, I saw one of their options. It reminded me of the old school BMX bike grips!

Myself, I started with the PC and stick handle. But I`m adjusting myself to get used to no handles (or bail handles).Makes it a bit more convenient at times.

Post Thanks / Like

No handle here on any on my polishers. I tried to rock a side handle on the Pe8, but it just feels more comfortable to me without one. I might would want a bale handle on a full size rotary.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus !
    I have the side handle on the Flex 3401VRG as well..

They actually made a couple versions of the their side handles --

First off they are a little thicker and have a rubberized coating on them that matches the color of the Flex body color.

Secondly, they have that side handle with a round foam piece on the end that backs up to the body of the machine when you attach it.. This is to help cut down on vibrations since it is foam and can absorb some..

Since they all have the same bolt size to attach, they can go on any tool that I use and work just fine..

One more thing, the side handles I use can of course bolt into the the Makita on either side for those that might be left handed, and all other machines I own have a threaded hole on either side of the machine for the handle.. Nice...

I have also tried the bale handle - the one that goes over the top of the machine, and no handle at all and find the machine to be too squirrely - it will want to take off in the direction of rotation too easily..

With the 9 and 6 position of the side handle, I have the ability to press down (which I always do to get correction), AND control up/down, side to side movements instantly..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Oh yeah. Forgot about them. Yesterday, while researching this, I saw one of their options. It reminded me of the old school BMX bike grips!

Myself, I started with the PC and stick handle. But I`m adjusting myself to get used to no handles (or bail handles).Makes it a bit more convenient at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    No handle here on any on my polishers. I tried to rock a side handle on the Pe8, but it just feels more comfortable to me without one. I might would want a bale handle on a full size rotary.
    The PE8 came with a small side handle, but the one I tried was the Boss rubberized BMX one, kept it just in case I get the nerve to get a Flex PE14, sweet machine
    Likes RaskyR1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Which Handle Do You Prefer

That`s funny I voted D type handle but every time I grab a polisher I hold its head regardless what type handle it has....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Thread Information