Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How aggressive can I get here?

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    good point.. I`d say its probably exactly the same type of stuff as on most cars b pillars or whatever

its just gonna look like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the car if I cant tame that some
    Absolutely, once the sun hits it it`ll be very noticeable. Let us know once you find something that does the trick, I`m curious .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Absolutely, once the sun hits it it`ll be very noticeable. Let us know once you find something that does the trick, I`m curious .
    I`ll try a few things this eve when the sun goes down

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Finish up with BlackHole

Post Thanks / Like

I would try FG400, if you have it. I`ve polished all kinds of plastic on exteriors with it. Secondly, I wouldn`t worry about micro-marring; If you can instill micro-marring, then you can take them out too. Besides, micro-maring would be an upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t see how anyboy who hasn`t worked on *that model vehicle of that year* can say what`s safe/not.

The black plastic like that on my Audis is tough enough that I`d just correct it. The black plastic like that on my Mazda cut through a bit with *two* light passes of the old 3M 05937 (very mild stuff on a mild pad). You just can`t predict this stuff without directly applicable experience.

I wouldn`t use M105/M205 though, and not ZAIO either. The abrasives are "sharp" in the sense that they consistently messed up exterior plastics that responded well to other abrasives, and with the M205 things that looked OK even after a wipe-down later looked *awful* when the TSO fully dissipated. Gotta be a bit careful about what you use on exterior plastics (the stuff I usually reach for is old and no longer available, but the HD Cut/Polish are working fine...so far).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I don`t see how anyboy who hasn`t worked on *that model vehicle of that year* can say what`s safe/not.

The black plastic like that on my Audis is tough enough that I`d just correct it. The black plastic like that on my Mazda cut through a bit with *two* light passes of the old 3M 05937 (very mild stuff on a mild pad). You just can`t predict this stuff without directly applicable experience.

I wouldn`t use M105/M205 though, and not ZAIO either. The abrasives are "sharp" in the sense that they consistently messed up exterior plastics that responded well to other abrasives, and with the M205 things that looked OK even after a wipe-down later looked *awful* when the TSO fully dissipated. Gotta be a bit careful about what you use on exterior plastics (the stuff I usually reach for is old and no longer available, but the HD Cut/Polish are working fine...so far).
    I went with Pro Polish via Nano + small blue pad on 3mm orbit

then Yellow pad w/essence on the Nano

looks Much better but not 100% by any means

not sure if I will do a panel wipe then coat it

or a couple layers of black hole followed by a few EX

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Ah, good..bet it looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

You`re absolutely right, which is why i stated that *if* the plastic was the same, i then went ahead and shared what worked for me on said plastics as a way of giving him more options to think about in case he,after trying a fine approach, realized that he could get more aggressive with it.

In the end, if no one has experience with it, the only way to find out is to just try with the least aggressive method, the same way we do a test spot on paint before determining what is going to work. One could communicate with customer the situation and get their permission to proceed or leave it alone as it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Migue- Heh heh, this makes two threads in a row where you and I were on the exact same page...even if it might not have initially come across that way

Post Thanks / Like

Migue- Heh heh, this makes two threads in a row where you and I were on the exact same page...even if it might not have initially come across that way
    Yup i caught that too, it shows how the message doesn`t always come across the same way and how one`s paradigm sometimes can use a few nudges to shift back on the same track.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup i caught that too, it shows how the message doesn`t always come across the same way and how one`s paradigm sometimes can use a few nudges to shift back on the same track.
    what more can you say about Autopia I might just
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes rlmccarty2000, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    what more can you say about Autopia I might just
    you know you want to get in on this love Poorboy, get in the group hug c`mon .

Post Thanks / Like

you know you want to get in on this love Poorboy, get in the group hug c`mon .
    for sure : .. i was crying cause I keep missing the party around here.. just been to busy to be timely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    for sure : .. i was crying cause I keep missing the party around here.. just been to busy to be timely
    busy packaging that bubblegum foam soap?

or busy packaging that bleeding wheel cleaner?

just take my money already, lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    busy packaging that bubblegum foam soap?

or busy packaging that bleeding wheel cleaner?

just take my money already, lol
    first we`ll get you some Microfiber Cleaner and Pad Cleaner don`t forget those have been in the works longer

Likes 512detail liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information