Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CG Hexlogic VS Lake Country pads

Hello there. I`m new to the world of polishing and paint correction. I`m looking for insight on the pros and cons of the 2 pads. As well as what lake country pad compares to the Hexlogic. The pads will be used with a DA. Right now Im leaning towards the Torq 10fx. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CG Hexlogic VS Lake Country pads

I would not recommend the hex pads. I have not had very good experiences with them, they hear up to quickly, the gum up really fast, they sink in the middle, they melt easy, etc... All of those problems were solved with Buff and Shine Uro-Tec pads for me.

Even though they are `made for long throw buffers` they are also excellent on a normal throw DA. I highly recommend them(I just ordered the 12 pack).

As for the machine itself, I would go for the Griot`s Garage 6" polisher. It is cheaper than the Torq, has more power, and a lifetime warranty. I love mine!
    Likes Stokdgs, Mary B, aceone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The CG`s hex pads are the same ones you can buy on ebay from a Chinese vendor for like a buck each, maybe 2. Like everything else from CG`s... subpar.
    Likes Stokdgs, aceone liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    The CG`s hex pads are the same ones you can buy on ebay from a Chinese vendor for like a buck each, maybe 2. Like everything else from CG`s... subpar.
    This is really funny, and maybe CG`s switched their pad vendors...

But, I have some 4" CGs Hexlogic pads from about 3 years ago that I`m pretty sure are BnS.

Anyway, they are great super durable pads. Maybe they are getting them from China now???
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    This is really funny, and maybe CG`s switched their pad vendors...

But, I have some 4" CGs Hexlogic pads from about 3 years ago that I`m pretty sure are BnS.

Anyway, they are great super durable pads. Maybe they are getting them from China now???
    They must be Chinese now because as you stated, I thought they were BnS, but they don`t hold a candle to my Uro-Tec pads in quality or performance
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had great success with Lake Country Pads for over 10 years...

They have made some great innovative designs over the years that proved very good in the Field - where Detailers do their Craft..

Lake Country and Buff & Shine are probably the oldest and best pad makers out there today...
    Dan F
    Likes JustJesus, Detail Impressions, aceone liked this post
    Thanks aceone thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Former Hex Logic guy here. I bought most of mine in 2014, and didn`t have any issues with them like some other users. I liked them plenty, until the price went up. I too was lead to believe they were Buff N Shine. - I actually started making the move to flat pads by both BnS as well as Lake Country. And am trying out some other LC pads (like Hydros, etc).
    Likes Stokdgs, aceone liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is coming from a newby, who is learning by listening and trying what the Forum members suggest. So far with great success!!

Tried the china knock-off CCS 5", they were darker, thicker, softer, weaker velcro and 4 3/4" almost 1" smaller than LC.

The Hex-logic I use first always. 4" & 5" I like how it grabs onto products, all the edges I think help with cut or polish,
    with a set-back velcro. 5 3/8"

CG also has a great pad called Quantum 5" & 6", used these yesterday, great feel, cut, slow absorption rate, sturdy pad in longthrow shape.

Now LC is one of the best in quality, variety, I`ve been trying the CCs, with the dimples, helped to spread the product evenly. 5 1/2"
    The only thing I dislike about LC pads - The velcro sticks out the side, I`ve only found set-back velcro on
    the Hydrotechs which are very good slow absorbing pads.

Buff & shine you should look into, quality, variety, good price.
    They do have a hex pad, with a plastic ring on back, didn`t like it for fit & warped when compressed.

RI_FF/Medic you mentioned the Torq10FX I have one... I liked it at first, the long reach is all I like now 6m later.
    I thought cool digital, the display is fine but you have to reset your speed everytime you turn it off (unlike a dial),
    you HAVE to turn it off or bump a button just setting it down, and you will bump buttons & not feel it,
    changing hand positions when I least expect it I can shut it down to 00 or jack it up too high when I`m trying to be careful.
    I know I`m a newby but I`ve learned alot from the Forum Members, this is the place to be. You will be AMAZED
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have used the HexLogic Quantum orange pad.....worked well...but can not compare it to LC...never used them

Lean towards the Griots Garage 6" DA.....you will not look back...lower cost, more power, lifetime warranty
    Likes aceone liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Have used the HexLogic Quantum orange pad.....worked well...but can not compare it to LC...never used them

Lean towards the Griots Garage 6" DA.....you will not look back...lower cost, more power, lifetime warranty
    so far everyone has said that. And the griots has gotten excellent reviews. Would the Hexlogic work with the backing plate on the griots or would I have to buy a special backing plate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RI_FF/Medic View Post
    so far everyone has said that. And the griots has gotten excellent reviews. Would the Hexlogic work with the backing plate on the griots or would I have to buy a special backing plate
    Get the Griots 6" DA...(known affectionately as the GG6)...and get the 5" backing plate for it.....thats the setup I used with the HexLogic Quantum...you will not be disappointed
    Likes Stokdgs, Mary B, RMD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Get the Griots 6" DA...(known affectionately as the GG6)...and get the 5" backing plate for it.....thats the setup I used with the HexLogic Quantum...you will not be disappointed
    If i go with the CG Hex Logic pads as a beginner what color pads should I get? And how many of each?

Also everyone says get the 25` cord. Is there a reason behind that or personal preference?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

If i go with the CG Hex Logic pads as a beginner what color pads should I get? And how many of each?

Also everyone says get the 25` cord. Is there a reason behind that or personal preference?

No matter which machine you get - unless it already comes with a long cord such as I believe, the Griot`s machine, you will have to get an extension cord - a 25 foot cord anyway...
    So, the idea is if it already comes on the machine, you are there...

If you do this, please do me a favor - Do Not wrap the cord tightly around the machine or something, because this Will cause it to break usually, inside the machine handle and then you have to take it apart and fix this...

Just make a series of large loops with the cord - any extension cord, when you put it away and it will be easier to use and it will last much longer...
    Dan F
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding what color pads, there is that 3 pad set with the 16oz pad cleaner, added up it`s very reasonable.
    you will get Orange cut, White polish, Black finish plus concentrated pad cleaner which I bought 2 sets and still using because of the pad cleaner.
    Get some Yellow heavy cuts as well.
    Regarding how many..... IMO too many is better then not enough.
    Likes RI_FF/Medic, Stokdgs, aceone liked this post
    Thanks RI_FF/Medic, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Regarding what color pads, there is that 3 pad set with the 16oz pad cleaner, added up it`s very reasonable.
    you will get Orange cut, White polish, Black finish plus concentrated pad cleaner which I bought 2 sets and still using because of the pad cleaner.
    Get some Yellow heavy cuts as well.
    Regarding how many..... IMO too many is better then not enough.
    I figured I would start there with the orange black and white pads. Wasn`t sure if there were others colors to get immediately or to get the others as needed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information