Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Little DA buffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Adios S6- Heh heh, for some reason holograms are simply one of my pet peeves. Even *really* light ones in areas that "nobody ever sees"...I`d eventually spot them and then that vehicle sat unused until they got resolved.

Yeah, that "outermost edge of the pad" can work great. But if I can fit that in there (not even close on so many such areas ;( ) I wouldn`t have any holograms at all; I`d just use that from the git-go. For that matter, I just *don`t* have to deal with holograms as I never use my rotaries any more. I simply *love* how today`s products have freed me from needing a rotary for really aggressive work! Eh, I`ll never use a rotary again in this lifetime.

But even with stuff like M101, some tight spots can still take a long, long time to correct, or it sure seems that way. But at least it`s not the "literally several hours for one small area" that it used to take!

And yeah...that "level of perfection" thing! I`m kinda extreme about it despite telling (presumably normal) people here that they oughta dial back their inner-Autopian

FWIW, I`ve had some of those *really* light holograms that were *VERY* difficult to resolve! I was flumoxed..."gee, those`ve gotta be really shallow...what the..". Drove me *nuts*, took forever.

Mary B- Ah, sounds like you got your solution to this particular issue sorted out! Just keep an eye on that adapter as they sometimes break when you`d least expect it.
    Accumulator Im just beginning and you wouldnt believe some of the crazy sh## Ive done but I try to learn from everything and everyone

sent from me

Post Thanks / Like

I do the very tight area`s by hand. There`s lots of painted surface on my Jeep SRT8 that are 0.5-1inch wide (like the grill, behind the door handles, the door jambs, lower bumper lip, etc). I`ve been strongly considering getting the Rupes Nano for these area`s but they also look fine done by hand (M101 followed by M205 by hand). Sometimes I`ll cheat and use my PC with a 3inch pad and just buff with one edge (half) of the pad, very carfully. It acutally cuts very well the hard part is all the sharp edges near these narrow surfaces that need to be taped off. I also noticed my paint was significantly thinner in these area`s and under the hood...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Accumulator Im just beginning and you wouldnt believe some of the crazy sh## Ive done but I try to learn from everything and everyone

sent from me

IMO you`re displaying exactly the right mindset. Just be a little, uhm...careful...regarding "learning from everyone". Even me Lots of, uhm..."advice" out there these days and some of what you "learn" (scarequotes intentional) will be "what you shouldn`t have tried after all"!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    IMO you`re displaying exactly the right mindset. Just be a little, uhm...careful...regarding "learning from everyone". Even me Lots of, uhm..."advice" out there these days and some of what you "learn" (scarequotes intentional) will be "what you shouldn`t have tried after all"!
    Understood .. no picking up bad habits Little DA buffer?

sent from me

Post Thanks / Like

Mary B- Yeah, if you don`t pick them up you don`t have to drop them

Post Thanks / Like

bennylava - how did that wax work out for you? Not sure if you posted about it elsewhere, but I haven`t seen it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    bennylava - how did that wax work out for you? Not sure if you posted about it elsewhere, but I haven`t seen it.

My lil buffers are my Rupes Nano, mini, and my Milwaukee drill(headlights)

May end up buying the 12v Milwaukee polisher/sander tool

Def buying a Zentool mini I`m hopes it stalls less then my Rupes mini..like Boss G21vs Rupes 21ES

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information