Post Thanks / Like

Question What Griot`s Boss Pad compares to Rupes Pad???

I have a Boss G21, and have a pad question. Which of the Boss pads is most like the Rupes Yellow pad? I want to do a process with the Rupes yellow, but would like to continue buying Boss pads since I already have some...assuming there`s a comparable pad. Also...what Boss pad is like the Rupes white?

Furthermore...has anyone used BOTH the Griot`s Boss pads AND Rupes pads to offer which pad series they liked working with better? I could also change to the Rupes pads if someone said they were better...I was just assuming to use the Boss pads since they were made for the Boss machine.

Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Griot`s Boss Pad compares to Rupes Pad???

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    I have a Boss G21, and have a pad question. Which of the Boss pads is most like the Rupes Yellow pad? I want to do a process with the Rupes yellow, but would like to continue buying Boss pads since I already have some...assuming there`s a comparable pad. Also...what Boss pad is like the Rupes white?

Furthermore...has anyone used BOTH the Griot`s Boss pads AND Rupes pads to offer which pad series they liked working with better? I could also change to the Rupes pads if someone said they were better...I was just assuming to use the Boss pads since they were made for the Boss machine.

Any advice?
    I would say the yellow Rupes falls between the orange and yellow BOSS pads, but is probably closest to the yellow. They are different foams so I don`t think you can really say one is equal to another, but they both are capable of performing the same task. I have both, along with tons of other pads and the BOSS pads are currently my favorite. While the Rupes pads are solid and do perform very well, I never really cared for their larger size and thickness. Prior to the BOSS pads being released I had switched to the Megs foam dics, which are also very good pads and I preferred them over the Rupes too.

At the end of the day everyone has their own preference so you really have to decide for yourself. The BOSS pads are weighted specifically for the BOSS tools, they perform very well, and I have yet to have one of their pads fail on me in almost 18 months of use. No wrong choice really. I have Rupes and BOSS tools and I use BOSS pads on both...

Just my $.02
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. The Rupes yellow and Sonax Perfect Finish were recommended to me as a "can`t be beat" combo for prepping a NEW car for a coating. That`s why I was leaning toward the Rupes pad; simply because of the recommendation. However, it makes sense to me to use Boss pads since they are "made" for the Boss machine. Is there a Boss pad the resembles the Rupes White pad in your opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    Thanks for the information. The Rupes yellow and Sonax Perfect Finish were recommended to me as a "can`t be beat" combo for prepping a NEW car for a coating. That`s why I was leaning toward the Rupes pad; simply because of the recommendation. However, it makes sense to me to use Boss pads since they are "made" for the Boss machine. Is there a Boss pad the resembles the Rupes White pad in your opinion?
    Well I would never make a blanket statement like the one above as every car that comes in is different and my feelings toward SPF are pretty well known. The Rupes pads are very good, I used them for probably 2 years before the lower profile pads came out, which I simply like better. Lake Country and B&S also have good low profile options too, but again they may not be weighted specifically to each machine and could increase or even reduce vibration, won`t know unless you try them.

The BOSS pads mimic the Rupes Pretty closely, as do most other lines of pads.

Rupes Blue = BOSS White
    Rupes Green = BOSS Orange
    Rupes Yellow = BOSS Yellow
    Rupes White - BOSS Black

IMO the BOSS white pad blows away the Rupes blue and I never really cared for it or the Rupes green...I really only used their yellow and white.
    Likes cobrar97, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome...thank you for the assistance. Now I have a good starting point to try. I understand that there are so many variables to be a pad-for-pad comparison, but it`s still VERY helpful in trying to figure it out.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Thread Information