Post Thanks / Like

Removing polish/cleaners via machine?

Tried searching to see if someone covered this and I don`t see it yet.

I currently use a random PC to apply Klasse AIO, Sealant, and other polishes, and then removal by hand. I`ve noticed each year I get a little less "enthused" about polishing because of the wear and tear on the shoulders and how difficult it can be. I`d like to try to use the PC for removal.

Is anyone else doing this? If so, can you share your process for removing product with a PC? (do you use pads, bonnets, etc?)

Thanks!
    Constantly striving to keep the cars clean...:buffing:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing polish/cleaners via machine?

If it`s difficult to remove the polish etc by hand after applying with a buffer, you MAY be putting it on too thick and need to use less, that will help. Also if you want to try and remove it by machine you can either find mf or terry bonnets that fir over a firm polishing pad OR you can use a folded mf cloth between the buffer pad and the car and with the buffer on a SLOW speed, go over the paint and remove the dried polish.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Have done with bonnets in the past. Definitely works but is something I don`t often do.

You might consider WOWA sealants as an alternative. UPGP, Wolfgang Deep Gloss, BF Crystal Seal, et al all but stopped my use of products that required a removal step.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t see anything wrong with removing most AIOs by machine, I`ve done it plenty of times. Takes a *LOT* of MF bonnets though, and you need to change them out sooner rather than later to avoid potential issues.

I wouldn`t remove abrasive polishes by machine as I`d worry about them flashing off while switching from the application-machine to the removal-machine (remember that almost all abrasive polishes should be buffed off before they flash off/dry completely). And it`d take a *WHOLE LOT* of MF pads! I tried it back when "polish removal pads" first came out, and it wasn`t something that really worked for me even though I was using two polishers and had plenty of bonnets. Well...it worked OK with polishes that could dry (e.g., 1Z Paint Polish), but I quit using it even for those as it just didn`t make the job easier the way I`d hoped.

I *DO* still like buffing off LSPs though. Again, have lots of (high quality) MF bonnets on-hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the insight. The most abrasive polish I can see myself using is Klasse AIO.
    Constantly striving to keep the cars clean...:buffing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DigiDan View Post
    Thanks so much for the insight. The most abrasive polish I can see myself using is Klasse AIO.
    OK, just remember that KAIO comes off a *LOT* easier if you don`t let it dry completely (and no I`ve never experienced any downside from wiping it off while it`s still a little wet).

Thread Information