Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick and easy process for an exterior detail?

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    On a beater i would swap the total polish and seal for a more stout polish like fg400 or meguires 105.

There is no "easy and quick" for a beater, the original question is flawed.
    Well, you get the idea. Its more like "what is the quickest and easiest way"

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Wow, this thread keeps on going !! Love it !!!

Benny Lava -

You are flipping cars....

Just get some Meguiars D151 Paint Reconditioning Creme.. Here -- Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream D151

It will give you a reasonable cut and correction, and shine pretty darn good, leaving a little polymer wax on the top...
    This takes 1 or more steps out of your Reconditioning process..

You got this !!!
    Good Luck !
    Dan F
    Thanks Dan! Would it be ok to throw some of that collinite wax on, after that D151? In case the shine doesn`t come out quite well enough. Or if I get to thinking that it needs to be better. You said it has wax in the D151, so I don`t know if they should be mixed.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    Well, you get the idea. Its more like "what is the quickest and easiest way"

Thanks Dan! Would it be ok to throw some of that collinite wax on, after that D151? In case the shine doesn`t come out quite well enough. Or if I get to thinking that it needs to be better. You said it has wax in the D151, so I don`t know if they should be mixed.
    Bennylava -

Yes, you can put Collenite over Meguiars D151 and it will be fine...

Just look at the vehicle after you do a panel and see if this product is working like you want it to, and giving you the clarity and gloss you are aiming for....

This is what Production Shops might use, but if you want to go by a few places that do Production work, you will see all kinds of products that are designed to give you a quick, clear looking, shine that will be ok until they wash the car and all the fillers will come out and expose what was underneath that didnt get corrected properly..

Before you ask, I DO NOT know if Meguiars D151 Reconditioning Creme has fillers or not...
    All I know is that with my Makita and even a L/Country White Foam pad, I can knock down some dirty paint pretty fast and leave a nice clear gloss with protection already built in it...

Whenever you finally decide where you want to spend your hard earned dinero from the bank, and your time, you will be ok...

I just know this stuff works great, it comes in all sizes, so you are not stuck with a gallon of it if you dont like it, but this product knocks out some correction and leaves a polymer protectant over it, saving you some time...

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

So you`re referring to this, right? Just checking since they decided to throw that extra "01" on the end of it.

LINK REMOVED

Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream D151

image.jpeg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information