Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
Start using the pink cutting pads and you`ll be able to control it effortlessly
Those, and the green Hex Logic / Buff and Shine are the only foam cutting pads I use anymore - unless I`m using the Rupes system.

I started on the megs wool and burgundy cutting pads on a rotary a long time ago. When I got back into this in 2010 I had a couple of generic foams for the PC. In 2013 things got serious, and I selected the green, blue, and red Hex pads. On my first paid detail, I burned paint with the green pad dressed with Ultimate Compound, on the PC....

I then tried orange and yellow cutting pads, and never got the cut out of them that the green pads gave. Incidentally, I cut faster with the PC than the flex or duetto. I use it like I used to use the rotary, with minimal pressure.

Try free spinning the PC at speed 3. If you place you finger at just the right pressure, you will burn your skin. That about how much pressure I use on that tool, and the pink ccs/flat, or green Hex/b&s are the foams that work best for me. Same principal applies for the blue b&s/hex, but I only really use that pads for one step polishing, or finishing.

I have a small write up at AG (dlc95), in my pic gallery. The pics are of the pc, green hex, and uc removing 1000 grit sanding marks, and the pc, blue pad, up removing 2000. I detail the process there.