Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyclo Polisher

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Cyclo Polisher

Hi,
    Is any one know what is the power rating (Watts & Amp) for the cyclo and how it compared to the Megs DA or GG DA 8mm. Do you think it would be able to remove paint defects as Megs/GG do. I understand it depends on techniques ad with the advanced compounds such (M101/105 & 205) or scholl with the right pads the answer may be yes it can do. But for me is that power (Watt) and current (amps) is very important factor. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cyclo Polisher

Specifications:
    •115 Volts
    •60 Hertz
    •220 Watts
    •Motor: alternating current, semi-enclosed 24-bar commutator
    •Speed: 650-3000orbits/minute
    •Variable Speed Controller
    •Output: 1/3 H.P. (.25 Kw)
    •Weight:6.5 lb. (2.9 kg)
    •Head Rotation/Diameter:clockwise/4"
    •Electric Cord: 10’ length
    •Housing: heavy-duty cast aluminum, double insulated.
    •Three year warranty
    •Complete VES System
    •Box includes: 2 ProGuard Orbital Backing Plates, VES Yellow, Silver and Blue Weighted Inserts, L Hex-Key Wrench, Flat Wrench.

Cyclo Orbital Polisher 5-Pro with ProGuard Backing Plates
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

IME the big thing to consider is whethe the physical dimensions/shape of the Cyclo will work with the contours of the vehicle in question. Much as I love mine (both of `em..like the thing so much I bought a second one) it simply can`t do certain areas of my Jag XJS, which is why I first bought a PC (and later got other polishers of that general style).

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used mine in a long time. It`s ability to correct is ok but I`d rather go for a Flex or Rupes these days
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes JaredPointer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That make sense;
    Do you think, for example, can I use B&S BP 3.5 instead the one come with the cycle - is any performance impact?

I understand flex and Rupes is the top of the line but one thing I like with Cyclo is the smooth operation and deliver swirls free finish, also for example Rupes 15mm throw and cycle each head has 8mm which mean 16mm total throw. The only thing I feel is that it lacking the necessary power for removing defects? may be I`m wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I still use mine for LSPing and it`s *great* with brushes (for carpets, household tile floors, etc.).

For polishing, I use mine primarily for burnishing with Finishing Polishes, haven`t use it for real correction since forever so I can`t say how it`d work with today`s abrasives.

It sure is smooth-running and user-friendly, easy to use one-handed even though it doesn`t look like that`d be the case. It`s the only polisher I actually like using and mine don`t even have the latest anti-vibration features (which I could add if I ever felt the need). And their customer-service is simply superb, quick turn-around and they don`t try to sell repairs that aren`t needed ("this unit really doesn`t need anything, but the brushes are a little worn...not really needed yet, but do you want us to replace them or send you a set to DIY?"..and that was after decades of hard (ab)use).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mohebmhanna View Post
    That make sense;
    Do you think, for example, can I use B&S BP 3.5 instead the one come with the cycle - is any performance impact?..
    I`d stick with a 4" setup so you retain the usual overlapping of the twin pads.

I understand flex and Rupes is the top of the line but one thing I like with Cyclo is the smooth operation and deliver swirls free finish..
    The Flex 3401 can do some very serious correction nice and fast, but as for smoothness there`s simply no comparison- the Cyclo wins hands-down.

.. The only thing I feel is that it lacking the necessary power for removing defects? may be I`m wrong.
    You sure won`t bog the Cyclo down by applying pressure, if that tells you anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Accumulator - I feel now that I should use it for paint correction!! with the Meg compounds such as D300, M105 with apply pressure on the machine.? I agree with you it has no issue for applying finishing polish such as M205, Scholl S30 or S40.

Post Thanks / Like

Finishing polishes aren`t an issue. I`d be very curious to see how it fares with modern compounds. I used mine before they came out
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll try with school/Megs and let you know. Also, it will be very interesting to see how Rupes will invest to upgrade cyclo to bring it up to the existing Rupes models.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mohebmhanna View Post
    That make sense;
    Do you think, for example, can I use B&S BP 3.5 instead the one come with the cycle - is any performance impact?

I understand flex and Rupes is the top of the line but one thing I like with Cyclo is the smooth operation and deliver swirls free finish, also for example Rupes 15mm throw and cycle each head has 8mm which mean 16mm total throw. The only thing I feel is that it lacking the necessary power for removing defects? may be I`m wrong.
    Just to clarify, each head of the Cyclo has a 16 mm throw/stroke (I believe it is technically 5/8" which approx 15.9 mm).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    Just to clarify, each head of the Cyclo has a 16 mm throw/stroke (I believe it is technically 5/8" which approx 15.9 mm).

Thanks Todd for the clarification. I know mat be it`s tough question to answer, but do u think is any future to update Cyclo to the next level by Rupes

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Cyclo, PC, and a Griot`s machine. The Cyclo is the single speed version and it will indeed do correction well but it will take multiple passes. I`ve not used the newer model with multiple speeds but must assume it would work a tad more quickly. Changing the pad size is absolutely the wrong thing to do. As mentioned, a smoother machine you`ll not find.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are both the older single-speed ones too...forgot all about that update!

IIRC (somebody correct me if I`m wrong..) the variable-speed version allows you to turn the speed *down* but has the same max speed.

mohebmhanna- What sort of changes were you thinking about to make a "next level" Cyclo different from the current (recently updated) model?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, same Max speed, just ability to start off slower abd ramp up

Im hoping if nothing else, add forced rotation
    perhaps bigger watt motor

Still think i should have purchased a cyclo instead of boss g21
    now i feel the need to buy a rupes mini to complement the boss ha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information