Post Thanks / Like

What pads to get for 3401 and Rupes 15?

I have both a 3401 and Rupes 15 . I have been primarily using Buff and Shine and Lake Country flat pads but the Rupes is a little tough on them. This is especially true on those with raised velcro since it tears the area around the perimeter. I do have the interchangeable backing plate for the Flex.

I would like to use the same pads on both so looking for suggestions especially for polishing.

1. Hybrid optimized for Flex
    2. LC Pro (designed for large orbital)
    3. no change since B&S are inexpensive (why pay 2x since they last long enough)

I tend to use 5.5-in pads.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What pads to get for 3401 and Rupes 15?

I have both polishers and have used the Rupes pads on both machines. Definitely recommend the Rupes pads if you want one set that`s interchangeable. The yellow Rupes pads are very versatile and I find that I go through those the most, but I keep inventory of every color and every size. I will say that the blue Rupes pads have almost never been used at my house so if you want to save a few bucks, just skip those. The white finishing pads can also be skipped if you really need to squeeze your budget. I only use the white for jeweling dark cars.

- Patrick
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the 15 I have the LC HD they seem to be decent so far, I wish LC would make that pad for the mini. It looks like Adams has a 4" pad that looks like the LC HD can`t say it is. I have the Rupes 4" pads they are ok, I use LC CCS and hybrid on my 3401, just wish the hybrids would fit the smaller backing plate "center better" I think the pads are 5.5"

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t try to use the Rupes pads on a Flex. I would think with the added pressure and strength of the 3401 it would eat a Rupes pad in no time.

I love my Hybrids for the Flex and the LC HD`s for my 21es. I haven`t tried either on the other machine, but I don`t see why you couldn`t try. The LC HD`s are built very well and I think they could possibly hold up to the 3401`s abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    As far as the 15 I have the LC HD they seem to be decent so far, I wish LC would make that pad for the mini. It looks like Adams has a 4" pad that looks like the LC HD can`t say it is. I have the Rupes 4" pads they are ok, I use LC CCS and hybrid on my 3401, just wish the hybrids would fit the smaller backing plate "center better" I think the pads are 5.5"
    I saw the Adam`s 4" pads the other day. Makes me wonder if LC is making them for Adam`s.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=XxBoostinxX;2000631]I wouldn`t try to use the Rupes pads on a Flex. I would think with the added pressure and strength of the 3401 it would eat a Rupes pad in no time.

I love my Hybrids for the Flex and the LC HD`s for my 21es. I haven`t tried either on the other machine, but I don`t see why you couldn`t try. The LC HD`s are built very well and I think they could possibly hold up to the 3401`s abuse.

I saw the Adam`s 4" pads the other day. Makes me wonder if LC is making them for Adam`s.[/QUOTE

I hope they become available on autopia.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Tpr1634;2000633]
    Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    I wouldn`t try to use the Rupes pads on a Flex. I would think with the added pressure and strength of the 3401 it would eat a Rupes pad in no time.

I saw the Adam`s 4" pads the other day. Makes me wonder if LC is making them for Adam`s.[/QUOTE

I hope they become available on autopia.
    I hope so. But it is odd because David from LC said they had no desire to make them in a 4" size. I find it hard to believe they are made by anyone else but LC though.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using CG HexLogics lately. Simply because A: you`re right, the Rupes is harder on pads, and B: I came across them on that South American river site for sets of 7 (one of each color + pad cleaner) for $32 a set so I bought four sets. Beyond that I use Buff and Shine on the Rupes and I`ve found Griots pads work very well on the Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=XxBoostinxX;2000640]

I hope so. But it is odd because David from LC said they had no desire to make them in a 4" size. I find it hard to believe they are made by anyone else but LC though.
    Wonder why LC would not make a 4" HD pad for the mini, I`m really sold on the Rupes 4"

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Tpr1634;2000648]
    Wonder why LC would not make a 4" HD pad for the mini, I`m really sold on the Rupes 4"
    Not sure? Maybe they don`t see any benefit to them. As in, they don`t think the market is large enough to profit from making them. But that is different if someone is paying you to make a product for them. The risk a lot lower. The buyer guarantees a certain amount of product and the seller definitely makes a profit off of that guarantee. Then that seller is stuck if they don`t sell what they bought. Might just buy some of the Adam`s pads and compare.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=XxBoostinxX;2000692]

Not sure? Maybe they don`t see any benefit to them. As in, they don`t think the market is large enough to profit from making them. But that is different if someone is paying you to make a product for them. The risk a lot lower. The buyer guarantees a certain amount of product and the seller definitely makes a profit off of that guarantee. Then that seller is stuck if they don`t sell what they bought. Might just buy some of the Adam`s pads and compare.
    thinking the same thing only Adams prices are high.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Tpr1634;2000703]

thinking the same thing only Adams prices are high.
    That`s typical right? Seriously they have some great products, great customer service, stand behind their products and Adam is a great guy so i guess they can be a bit higher.

Post Thanks / Like

What pads to get for 3401 and Rupes 15?

[QUOTE=Oldfordisbetter;2000712]
    That`s typical right? Seriously they have some great products, great customer service, stand behind their products and Adam is a great guy so i guess they can be a bit higher.
    Have you tried returning something to them? In my only experience it wasn`t as simple as satisfaction guarantee.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ec90;2000724]
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post

Have you tried returning something to them? In my only experience it wasn`t as simple as satisfaction guarantee.
    Not to get off topic but no i never returned anything. A couple products i wasnt totally thrilled with but not worth trying to return.

Thread Information