Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: M205+rotary=small holograms

Quote Originally Posted by Paintxpert View Post
    Mastering "Rotary" polishing can be a challenge. Perseverance is the key. If you have nothing else. Perseverance will overcome any obstacle.
    its a lot easier to go from a rotary to a DA than the other way round,back in the day we only had rotarys there was no such thing as a DA,i would imagine that a fella that has learnt on a DA only would find a rotary a nightmare of a machine to master and would go running back to the DA at the drop of a hat,but that same guy in a dealership will struggle to get cars finished in a timely fashion,my point is that if everyone was handed a rotary on their first day and they got the results with it then the step from that to a DA would be a walk in the park,kids these days,they just don`t know they are born,lol
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry r View Post
    its a lot easier to go from a rotary to a DA than the other way round,back in the day we only had rotarys there was no such thing as a DA,i would imagine that a fella that has learnt on a DA only would find a rotary a nightmare of a machine to master and would go running back to the DA at the drop of a hat,but that same guy in a dealership will struggle to get cars finished in a timely fashion,my point is that if everyone was handed a rotary on their first day and they got the results with it then the step from that to a DA would be a walk in the park,kids these days,they just don`t know they are born,lol
    Lim new to both and purchased a 3401 a few months ago. Just bought a 3403 recently and while there is a learning curve, the smoothness of a rotary is by far a more pleasant experience. I much prefer the feel of the rotary, just haven`t gotten to use it much yet.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes jerry r liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Lim new to both and purchased a 3401 a few months ago. Just bought a 3403 recently and while there is a learning curve, the smoothness of a rotary is by far a more pleasant experience. I much prefer the feel of the rotary, just haven`t gotten to use it much yet.
    Its great to hear that you find the rotary comfortable to work with jrock645,as imo they are a much more capable machine and can deal with anything and then onto the da for a perfect finish,i do a lot of sanding also and find the rotary great for removing 1500 and 2000.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry r View Post
    Its great to hear that you find the rotary comfortable to work with jrock645,as imo they are a much more capable machine and can deal with anything and then onto the da for a perfect finish,i do a lot of sanding also and find the rotary great for removing 1500 and 2000.
    I also just bought a Rupes 15. I don`t see the 3501 getting much work. Granted, I`m just a hobbyist but hoping to do some paid details for coworker`s and such. Hope I get some soon, as I have a lot of money invested in machines at this point!
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Its not a cheap hobby to get into thats for sure jrock645,but this is where it starts first friends and workmates then they tell others and before you know it your busy every weekend and your machines will start paying their way,sooner rather than later I hope,in fairness you have great one there in that rupes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information