Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

First hand BOSS G21 experience

Well I was fortunate enough to head down to AG headquarters this afternoon for there new Tuesday night car show. Unfortunately it rained out so they called it. But not before Mike Phillips and Nick invited me in to give the new BOSS G21 polisher a test run.

First impression is that its a quality built tool. Not some flimsy knockoff.
    It is a little heavier than the Rupes but not something that I personally would fuss about.
    The rubber coated front grip is a nice touch IMO. Overall very ergonomic design.
    Mike put on one of the GG thin 6in orange cutting pads and away I went polishing. After spreading the product I ramped up to speed 6 and just let the machine go to work. Super smooth and easy to use. I applied ample downward force to see if it would bog. Didn`t happen.
    Just like ever other "regular DA" if you tip it up it will start to stall. No different than Rupes, PC etc.. You just need to be mindful.
    I really do like this machine. Although I have a 3401 and a few other machines I could see a G21 with a 5in plate possibly fitting my aresnal.

Great job Griots! And thanks Mike and Nick for letting me try it out!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First hand BOSS G21 experience

How did it feel compared to the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Coolness
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    How did it feel compared to the 3401.
    In all honesty its smoother. As much as I want a g21 I am just not sure where it would fit in.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you liked it. My 21 should be in Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

Justin, do you have the rupes or did you mean you couldn`t see it fitting in with the 3401?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Justin, do you have the rupes or did you mean you couldn`t see it fitting in with the 3401?
    I have a 3401, pe8 rotary, Makita rotary, GG mini 3in. With the work I do I really want one but not sure if I need one! lol. I like it though

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t we all eventually just hoard polishers? Buy it! Lol

thanks for your review. Id like to try one myself someday and put it side by side to my rupes 21

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Don`t we all eventually just hoard polishers? Buy it! Lol

thanks for your review. Id like to try one myself someday and put it side by side to my rupes 21
    Yes we do hoard polishers. I gave a though not expensive brand new in the box Harbor Freight rotary, backing plate, pads, poishes and LSP to a neighbor about two weeks ago. Yeah, some might think I did him a disservice but the he was actually polishing a 20 year old horse trailer by hand. It had huge rust patches across the roof and the what was once red paint looked literally like rust colored oxidized primer. He did a much better job than I would have believed possible and it no doubt saved 10`s of hours over doing it by hand. I`m down to 5 polishers after that and truthfully only use 2 of them. I no longer do anyone`s cars other than my own and a few close relatives. Yes Shane, we hoard polishers with the "seemed like a good idea at the time" mentality.

I don`t need a new polisher but I am considering one of Griots new offerings. How coud I not? Ron said he`d go in halvesies with me on my new polisher.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes ShaneB, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Yes we do hoard polishers. I gave a though not expensive brand new in the box Harbor Freight rotary, backing plate, pads, poishes and LSP to a neighbor about two weeks ago. Yeah, some might think I did him a disservice but the he was actually polishing a 20 year old horse trailer by hand. It had huge rust patches across the roof and the what was once red paint looked literally like rust colored oxidized primer. He did a much better job than I would have believed possible and it no doubt saved 10`s of hours over doing it by hand. I`m down to 5 polishers after that and truthfully only use 2 of them. I no longer do anyone`s cars other than my own and a few close relatives. Yes Shane, we hoard polishers with the "seemed like a good idea at the time" mentality.

I don`t need a new polisher but I am considering one of Griots new offerings. How coud I not? Ron said he`d go in halvesies with me on my new polisher.

Yes I tend to do a little bit of hoarding but like you I too have a Shurhold DA, backing plate, bag, M105/M205 to a forum member whose garage caught fire last year and burn most of his stuff down. Hence why I upgraded to the 3401.

I too have been giving thought to a G21/G15

Post Thanks / Like

this conversation is exactly my thought when I first heard about a new polisher line coming out. simply put...why? the 2 main brands, Flex and Rupes, already have machines that are nearly identical to the new Griots, so I just don`t see why it was needed. not that`s its not a great device, but when you have similar tools out there already that have been tested for years, I just didn`t see why it was necessary.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MooreImpressive View Post
    this conversation is exactly my thought when I first heard about a new polisher line coming out. simply put...why? the 2 main brands, Flex and Rupes, already have machines that are nearly identical to the new Griots, so I just don`t see why it was needed. not that`s its not a great device, but when you have similar tools out there already that have been tested for years, I just didn`t see why it was necessary.
    Don`t want to get into a big debate here. One of the things I do like are some of the little add-ons it comes with. Flexible interface pad, washer mod and the front grip is much nicer than the Rupes. Also the great Griots warranty. All those little things has me thinking about one. Just my .02.

And believe me, I totally see both sides to what people are talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MooreImpressive View Post
    I actually noted in my video that if you already have a Rupes there is not a real need to get one, but for those who don`t have one, you`d be crazy not to check out the Griot`s. While it is just a bunch of subtle little things, it`s still better in virtually every way.
    Likes ShaneB, Greg Gellas, mshu7 liked this post
    Thanks ShaneB, 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`d like to see a griots 3" polisher built to compete with the Rupes 75e. I would seriously consider purchasing it. But then again, my PE8 has yet to disappoint. See my earlier hoarding comment though :p

Post Thanks / Like

Just bumping this up for others information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information