Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meguiars MT300

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars MT300

I am looking at purchasing a new DA to replace my PC7424. I own a Flex but would also like a more powerful DA. I am trying to decide between the new Meguiars MT300 or the Griots Garage Polisher. I really like the looks and the features on the MT300. The two major selling point with me on the Griots is that it comes with a lifetime warranty and its price point. I would appreciate any feedback from any of you guys that have used both machines.

I already own a ton of B&S foam pads and really don`t want to have to invest in all new pads. I see that the MT300 has its own dedicated pads. Will the machine work fine with B&S or Lake Country pads ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars MT300

I`ve tried the MT300 and own the Griot`s. Quite frankly, I wasn`t super impressed with the MT300. It wasn`t a bad machine, but it didn`t have the power of the GG6.

If you were starting from scratch, you may want to go with the MT300 as a system approach to get all their pads & BPs in different sizes. That makes sense and it all should work well together.

If you already have a lot of stuff, I would get the GG6. It`s cheaper, more powerful, and has a better warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Can`t compare it to the MT300 as I`ve never tried it, but I`ve had my GG DA for 4 years now and there isn`t anything it can`t handle with the right backing plate, pads and polishes. If it every breaks down I know Griots will take care of it.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been curious about the new megs polisher. Looks promising. Like it`s just filling the gap between your standard random orbitals (pc, griots) and your high end DAs (rupes, flex 3401)

i did see a video of someone trying to stop the rotation of the mt300 by pressing down on it with a lot of his weight on a bench and it kept rotating. But it still basically has the same 8mm throw as other random orbitals. I`m not convinced it`s worth the added cost.

like the rupes system, they may say you should jump all in on their system, but I`m sure just like with the rupes you can use whatever pads you want

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used my MT300 very much yet but here is what I can say after my limited use.

• I like the rotary style design and it definitely feels good in the hands.
    • The body it is longer than the G110v2, which can limit it`s use in tight spaces.
    • The body is slimmer than my G110v2 and it feels a hair lighter too (haven`t weighed them).
    • It still has the slow start feature like so many other tools, which I hate.
    • Feels a hair smoother (less vibes) than my GG6 and G110v2.
    • Power seems on par with my G110v2 and GG6 (3rd gen). Note my 2nd Gen GG6`s feel more powerful than my 3rd gen...could be a random one off deal.
    • Still an 8mm tool. It definitely has it`s use but I`m not sure I`ll use it much having 21mm and 15mm tools.

I think the MT300 is as a fine choice for someone new to detailing that doesn`t have a polisher and prefers the rotary form factor over the typical 8mm DA tool styling. Paired with the new megs foam discs and MF pads it should be more than capable to handle anything you throw at it. If you already have a GG6 or G110v2 it`s probably not worth the upgrade unless you want the new rotary style design. It would be a step up over the PC though IMO, as would a GG6.

Rasky

Post Thanks / Like

Rasky

Any recommendations on what machine would bridge the gap between a rupes 21 and a g110 V2
    Tampa, Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by broker99 View Post
    Rasky

Any recommendations on what machine would bridge the gap between a rupes 21 and a g110 V2

Flex 3401!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by broker99 View Post
    Rasky

This is the intended market for the MT300. It`s a great machine and great upgrade from a PC or G110 V2. I enjoy mine.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I have the PC, MT300 and GG and use all 3, but my fav is the MT300. Love the design, slow start, power, and torque management.

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This is the intended market for the MT300. It`s a great machine and great upgrade from a PC or G110 V2. I enjoy mine.
    Agreed. Also good for us pros who need a more powerful small throw DA to get into tighter spots for a lot less than the Rupes 12E or 75E.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Flex 3401!
    Yes i agree with that. I sold my flex when i bought my rupes.
    Tampa, Fl
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I liked my MT300 but when AG had their sale I went with pink FLEX 3401----I just sold my MT300 on Corvette Forum so all in all my upgrade coast me $100.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meticulous View Post
    I have the PC, MT300 and GG and use all 3, but my fav is the MT300. Love the design, slow start, power, and torque management.
    Do you find that the MT300 has as much power as the GG ?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I now use my GG with a 3.5 backing plate and the MT300 with a 5.5 backing plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

Is any one facing issues with the speed lock mechanism (MT300), I have heard some times it didn`t hold the selected speed and the machine turn off. Appreciate the feedback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information