Post Thanks / Like

Opinions. Flex PE8 or Rupes 75e

I have a practically new Makita rotary, bought it instead of ponying up for a Rupes. But shortly after decided I wanted the Rupes and bought it. Its going to be my go to for correction work and as much as I`d rather keep the Makita because someday maybe I`ll want it, my needs right now are for something to get into the small spaces. Where the Rupes can`t get. So I`m probably going to sell the Makita and backing plates to get money for either a Rupes 75e or the new Flex PE8.

Looking for everyone`s thoughts on which to buy. The Flex seems like it would be more versatile, but its a rotary. The Rupes we all know its benefits, but its $100 more. Eventually I`ll want to buy both because you can never have enough tools, but right now budget only allows for one.

So? Which to get?! A lot depends on how much I can sell my makita for but I think I could swing either one

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions. Flex PE8 or Rupes 75e

I just went through the same debate over on the AGO forum and ultimately decided on the Rupes Mini mainly because I didn`t want the learning curve of a rotary. I was really on the fence, as the PE-8 looks like a fantastic machine. I am really happy I got the 75e though, as it corrects really quickly with Megs MF cutting discs and M105. There`s also another backing plate option made by Metabo. If you have any other questions about the 75e, PM me....I`d be happy to help. I`ve been using mine for about three weeks and I`m really glad I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    I have a practically new Makita rotary, bought it instead of ponying up for a Rupes. But shortly after decided I wanted the Rupes and bought it. Its going to be my go to for correction work and as much as I`d rather keep the Makita because someday maybe I`ll want it, my needs right now are for something to get into the small spaces. Where the Rupes can`t get. So I`m probably going to sell the Makita and backing plates to get money for either a Rupes 75e or the new Flex PE8.

Looking for everyone`s thoughts on which to buy. The Flex seems like it would be more versatile, but its a rotary. The Rupes we all know its benefits, but its $100 more. Eventually I`ll want to buy both because you can never have enough tools, but right now budget only allows for one.

So? Which to get?! A lot depends on how much I can sell my makita for but I think I could swing either one

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions. Flex PE8 or Rupes 75e

I ordered my 75e on Friday, current have the Makita, PC7424, Rupes 21ES, and now waiting on the 75e.

This should do me for a while, but I do admit I will probably order the PE8 (even though I haven`t even seen a pic or nothing) for those REALLY small spaces, around emblems, etc... gonna look into it and see if it`s something I will need in the future.

I`m doing ~5 details a week so after a few weeks I can justify purchasing another tool to make my life easier

Thread Information