Thread: Rupes Question

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Question

I have a Rupes 15 kit on the way to me.

All of my cars need a light polish and a coating and I decided to make the investment and try out the Rupes.

I know the attraction is suppose to be quick correction and smooth operation. I am looking forward to seeing that for myself.

Is the larger throw of the Rupes ok to use on Paint Protection film?

I have used my PC and GG6 on the PPF before with out issue.

Anyone use the Rupes on PPF?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Question

I`ve used it without issue many times.
    Likes Stokdgs, fdresq4 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

My Friend -

I use my Makita 9227c on Clear Bra`s all the time, and the trick to using that is to not use blazing speeds, keep the pressure light, and use a product that will correct gently, and lastly, try not to heat up the plastic too much..
    Im thinking that if you have it down with your Random Orbitals, you will be fine with a longer throw..
    You got this...
    Dan F
    Likes fdresq4, XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chad. How you doing. I understand the weather has been crazy freezing this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I`ve used it without issue many times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Thanks Chad. How you doing. I understand the weather has been crazy freezing this winter.
    Doing well! You?

We definitely had a cold spell for a while but it was 39 yesterday and I was able to do a rinse-less on my truck finally.

To add to what both Dan and I said above, I do find the rotary to give the most consistent results on PPF. I`ve had a few finicky films over the years where the DA would leave a light haze regardless of the pad/polish combo I tried....probably cheap films, but the rotary has always worked well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will give it a shot. I don`t have a rotary and I don`t think I will be picking one up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    My Friend -

I use my Makita 9227c on Clear Bra`s all the time, and the trick to using that is to not use blazing speeds, keep the pressure light, and use a product that will correct gently, and lastly, try not to heat up the plastic too much..
    Im thinking that if you have it down with your Random Orbitals, you will be fine with a longer throw..
    You got this...
    Dan F
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad its warming up. I have a vendor in Shoreview MN and its been so cold that my shipments have been held in a shipping embargo since they are freeze sensitive.

With a rotary its all in the skill of the operator to polish swirl free, not burn through and not heat the panel too much. I honestly don`t have enough time to hone my skill. I just do my own cars and I feel the results I get with my DA`s meet my needs. (for now at least). Best thing I ever did was get rid of my black DD in 2 00 8. That was the year I met you fine people and began learning how to run a polisher.

I hope the Rupes will prove to be a valuable tool in my quest for the best looking I can make my paint. I am really happy now, so if I can push it up a bit, even better.

Thanks for always chiming in when a question is posted here, I really appreciate the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Doing well! You?

We definitely had a cold spell for a while but it was 39 yesterday and I was able to do a rinse-less on my truck finally.

To add to what both Dan and I said above, I do find the rotary to give the most consistent results on PPF. I`ve had a few finicky films over the years where the DA would leave a light haze regardless of the pad/polish combo I tried....probably cheap films, but the rotary has always worked well.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I will report back when I get on some paint.

Have a great day. Appreciate the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    My Friend -

You got this...
    Dan F
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Thread Information