Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polishing Side Intake Vents

I am going to suggest to all of youto try my new GOTO combo. Using the cotton cloths mentioned (which I’ll try) I have used cotton baby diaper and MF and even just have a couple orange B&S pads I have cut down for hand use. You really should try 3D HD ADAPT. It is my #1 reach for. Then I follow with speed. If your areas are really bad then use CUT, ADAPT, and top with Speed.

All you need to do is start watching You Tube to see how good the stuff is. They also have a brand new body shop line of compound for the rotary. You can watch the shoot out at this year’s SEMA and see how it’s just kicked everyone’s butt! (Even Meguiars had a hard time meeting the finish in the time it took HD to achieve.

JUST A DISCLAIMER. I AM NOT AFFILATED WITH 3D HD WHAT SO EVER. (But I sure wouldn’t mind being so!)

Also If you look up Detailing ART on FB he took a GG3, made a modification attachment for it and custom made a 2 inch pad. (you can also order 1 and 2 inch BP and foam but I can not remember where he told me)

Post Thanks / Like

beamerstrumpet- Heh heh, when you say "if it`s really bad, then [start with] CUT..." I can`t help but think that you`re working on much softer clear than I am! No, no, I`m not being a [jerk], I`m just sayin`...

Here I wish that my M105 were more aggressive and my CUT is so mild that I think of it as an "aggressive polish" rather than a "compound". Goes to show how different situations are gonna call for different solutions, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve also had luck with pb ssr 2.5 and pb pro polish 2
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    beamerstrumpet- Heh heh, when you say "if it`s really bad, then [start with] CUT..." I can`t help but think that you`re working on much softer clear than I am! No, no, I`m not being a [jerk], I`m just sayin`...

Here I wish that my M105 were more aggressive and my CUT is so mild that I think of it as an "aggressive polish" rather than a "compound". Goes to show how different situations are gonna call for different solutions, huh?
    No offence,, IMO HD Cut is more aggressive than 105, I was saying that ADAPT is where I start and if its not enough balls I go to Cut. The stuff really is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    No offence,, IMO HD Cut is more aggressive than 105...
    See, that`s just *so* different from my experience! Hey, the ol` "YMMV" thing always applies, huh?

I rate the Cut in-between the current version of M105 and Optimum Hyper Compound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information