Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- I`m all about the HD Polish these days, it`s even replaced my beloved 1Z High-Gloss.` I resisted the HD for sooo long for, uhm....various reasons, but once I tried it, well, talk about Captain Obvious!` I have absolutely zero criticisms of it; it`s the perfect Finishing Polish for me and I recommend it without reservation.` The finish it leaves, the user-friendliness of it in general, the minimal "stuff to clean away", everything about it- `it really is *that* good IMO.

`

Their Cut compound doesn`t, well...cut...the way I`d like, but I`m told that it`s very pad-dependent and I don`t want to buy new pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

Lonnie- I`m all about the HD Polish these days, it`s even replaced my beloved 1Z High-Gloss.` I resisted the HD for sooo long for, uhm....various reasons, but once I tried it, well, talk about Captain Obvious!` I have absolutely zero criticisms of it; it`s the perfect Finishing Polish for me and I recommend it without reservation.` The finish it leaves, the user-friendliness of it in general, the minimal "stuff to clean away", everything about it- `it really is *that* good IMO.

`

`

`

A big +1 for me on this as well

Post Thanks / Like

I think just about any polish/compound will work - just like an old highschool teacher of mine once said about bricklaying - your mammy could lay brick, but she ain`t a bricklayer - why? Well, what makes a bricklayer is speed.

So, when you find a polish that works good and quick, not finicky and very forgiving, then you use it, you get compfortable with it and you spend enough time with it to learn how to get the most out of it. Then you`re working`smarter, not harder and can either do more cars`in a day or just raise your price so you`re making the same per job for less hours. I`m in the process of UN-accumulating, bottles of this polish and that compoud will be sold or traded for something I use all the time. I am way past searching for the holy grail - the "perfect" product. I`m through with jumping on the flavour of the month too. I can tell you more products that just sucked (IMHO) ok than ones that impressed me, I`d probably cause a sh!t storm if I named names so DON"T ask ok. Quick story - there was a guy on here once (Brandon1) and he was a friend of mine, we had many disagreements on products - it`s all about personal preference and your style of detailing.

I know some guys are quick to diss a product - me? I`m more about asking other detailers I trust how they use it and the right techniques. But, even after that and some changing of the variables like pads, buffing technique, etc I still don`t like it - then sorry ol buddy, you are destined to be either traded, sold or my daughter`s next target on the range. As far as Meg`s goes, I really like 101, D300 and the stuff at wally mart - Megs Ult Compound (which smells like D300 minus the pepto bismal color). But 3D Cut and Adapt are excellant too and I tend to get the same results with less effort and product too with them.

As always, YMMV

and George - check ADS for their samples program.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator:

Thanks for the opinion. I may need to get on board and try the HD compounds and polishes. My reason for liking and using Meg`s products is that they are available OTC. But if there is something better and I really want to step up my detailing game, then it`s time to go to the e-stores for these products.

`

Junebug:

Funny you mention Meg`s Ultimate Compound. I`ve tried it and think its kinda between M105 and M205. It doesn`t have the cut of M105, but it doesn`t dust either. It doesn`t finish out either like M105, like it would if you worked M105 long enough with "softer" pad. It`s almost like an aggressive M205. But then again, it IS a compound.` And it`s inexpensive and available OTC at Wally-World, which is a plus in my book. Wonder if you could mix Ultimate Compound and M105?? Would it be Ultimate 105? Hummm....time for an experiment!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

how does 205 even come into play here?` worst finishing polish I have ever used...

`

100 is my go-to compound for 90% of the paint conditions`I deal with

`

105 cuts more faster, but the dust and massive micro-marring is a PITA to deal with.` However, 105 and surbuf, that`s like sanding on some paints and make quick removal of softer defects (sometimes more than necessary)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

OK, if M100 does "95% of what M101 does", what`s the other 5% that I`d be leaving on the table?

`

Wish I could buy just a few ounces of something like these for spot-corrections, buying a pint, or a quart, let alone a gallon of such stuff is a big waste for me.

`

Peachstate Detail LLC- Heh heh, if you like M205 so much I oughta try to sell you mine!` That`s another product where I have nearly a gallon just sitting here waiting to go bad..

`

You can make up the 5% with a slightly longer work time or maybe a bit more pressure.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Envious Eric- Yeah, IMO the Surbuff pads are kinda in the "don`t try this at home, kids!" category.` Thanks for your input regarding the M105`s micromarring.

`

I didn`t hate the M205 as much as you do, but these days there are better options.` What did *you* hate about it?

`

Scottwax- Ah, OK, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

it never finishes out as a "ultimate finishing polish should.` always room for better.` Leave micromarring behind bad on softer paints

Post Thanks / Like

Envious Eric- Ah, OK...yeah, I too found M205 didn`t finish out quite the way I wanted it to on some paints, but I never used it on anything soft enough to end up with micromarring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information