Post Thanks / Like
    Right now my shop needs to step up both efficiency and effectiveness when it comes to paint correction. Historically for dealership details (for which we`re paid a whopping $100-$120 per car), we`ve used Sleek by Carbrite, applied with a pad that looks like foam shag carpet - this is the stuff we got when we bought the business.

Prior to getting into the dealership scene, I always compounded and polished with a Griots DA and a 5" pad, starting typically with m105 and a meguiars MF pad, followed by 205 or 300 on a white hydro foam pad, followed by a wax or sealant.

I`d love to do a very quick, inexpensive and effective one-step paint correction, followed by perhaps Sleek applied with a a polishing pad to effectively wax it/glaze it. I`m wondering if we should do a more aggressive rotary pad/polish combo, or if there`s quick enough ROI for a Rupes 21. I have two rotaries (Dewalts) right now, so I`d kinda hate to lose the speed and utility of them, but if there`s a better go-to polishing step that works for dealership cars, I`m all ears.

Thanks gentlemen (and ladies).

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna Power Finish PF 2500 with a buff and shine orange pad. Great one step polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ww2717
    Menzerna Power Finish PF 2500 with a buff and shine orange pad. Great one step polish.

Via what machine?

Post Thanks / Like
    I PM`d you regarding this. Take a look, let me know.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    What about D151?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dooyaunastan
    What about D151?

Would you like to elaborate? The focus of the original question was the pad and machine.

Ron, I appreciate the tips! I need to do some shopping, as I`ve never heard of some of those suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was suggesting D151 because you`re seeking an effective and inexpensive 1 step correction. D151 has gotten plenty of good reviews and while not exactly the best choice for harder paints (you may have more luck with PF2500 in that respect, but you lose the protection step that D151 offers), it sounds like it`s just what you`re looking for. As for pads/machine, I don`t think there`s a magical universal combination that`s going to work. You could probably get great results with D151 and an LC white pad on the softer side of paints, and if it doesn`t cut it, just up it to an orange pad. I know we`re talking about dealership cars here but even then I would still be performing test spots on each vehicle.

D151 is advertised to be used with a rotary for maximum effectiveness, but can be applied by D/A as well as by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    D151 is a be-otch with a PC unless you are very carefull to 1. use a tiny amount, 2. work the snot outta it and 3. clean pad very often. It`s good with a rotary though.

If it was me - I`d M101 or 105 with a B&S orange pad and slap a good cheap wax liquid wax on it and call it a day.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahheck01
    Would you like to elaborate? The focus of the original question was the pad and machine.

Ron, I appreciate the tips! I need to do some shopping, as I`ve never heard of some of those suggestions!

Did you make the phone call and ask Beth to send you the samples to try for your process?
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Griots 6" da, HF da, PC w/ 5" backing plate. on hf and griots change out the backing plate to a 5" backing plate and go with the 5" buff and shine orange or white pads. The flex XC3401VRG will work excellently too for your application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you stuck on a one size fits all approach? There could be multiple approaches based on the condition of the cars. Certainly opportunity to upsell the dealership involved on really hammered cars as well.

Thread Information