Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

My fiance finally is going to let me clean up her car. It`s filthy... it`s a dd... and she hauls two kids (so the interior is equally a mess). I don`t want to do an all out detail because I know it will get ruined within days.

I was thinking about using Poorboys Polish w/ Sealant (chemical cleaning, no abbrasives) with a megs MF pad, cutting, or polishing pad. Not quite sure yet. I don`t want full correction obviously. I also would like to extend the life of the sealant by topping it with 845IW, but I`m not sure if that would be a waste since it would only be as good as the sealant (~2 months).

I only have a few products as I`m a new weekend detailer (for my own cars); I have FG400 and this stuff. My buddy has some Menz Finishing polish (not sure which one).

What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    DG501 was made for cars like that. A slight bit of polishing, lots of cleaning and durable. You can spend the rest of the time getting the cheeto stains out of the seats and the gum out of the carpet

Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I find this stuff in NJ? Would need it by Sat...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker
    Where can I find this stuff in NJ? Would need it by Sat...

Carquest can usually get it for you in a day or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t search for it on their websites... it asks me for a zip code, i select a store, and then it says that the feature is coming soon! Darn... how good is the durability?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just call the local store. Durability is 4-6 months on a daily driver parked outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    A one step polish would be something like Uno or HD Polish.

A one step product would be the DG 105 that Dan mentions or even Meg`s D151. The D151 will have more cleaning power. The DG 105 should provide several months of "protection". I think the D151 might be good for two months. You`ll find the Meg`s product at your local body shop supply store, likely only in a gallon size.

Peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since this is for a dd that will get beat up, I think its best to stick with a one step polish OR product. I would top with 845 in either case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Logic then suggests:

1. Polish
    2. Seal (#845)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    Logic then suggests:

1. Polish
    2. Seal (#845)

I would agree... but this is just a hobby for me and I actually already have a one step product in my possession (Poorboys Polish w/ Sealant). Instead of buying a new product, I could probably get away with using the PB`s stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    Right, and I`ll agree with that. But I don`t follow the thought process in trying to top a slick surface (with a bit of sealant in it) with another sealant (#845).

It seems like your simplest strategy will be to make your best effort at decon and then hit it with the PB product and call it a day.

Any chance you own Klasse AIO?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not. I have thought about buying it... I made the same post in PB forum and I was told this,

Using PWS is a great idea for a fast clean up of a DD that you are not looking to correct. Use it with a polishing pad and it will regain the shine, luster, and slickness that it had when it was new. Topping PWS with additional protection is also a good idea because it is an AIO product and might get compromised while working it in too hard or working to long. Doing a simple protection step afterwards will eliminate the worry.

What do you make of that?

Also, for decon, I have Iron X, APC, Tarminator, Megs Gold Class Soap, and hopefully a foam cannon by Saturday. I`m planning on trying to let all of these products dwell as long as possible on the car to break it up before agitating. Any advice on the decon process? I may or may not have the foam cannon by then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker

What do you make of that?

It doesn`t make me fell warm `n` fuzzy :frown1:

I dunno, I guess if you feel like you can spread/apply the 845 over the PB product, then try it out. I own the PB product (and 845, of course) and never thought of trying to top it with something except maybe a carnauba. I found the PB product did OK on its own. Not great, but certainly OK.

I don`t want you to have to purchase more stuff, but if you want to use the 845, I "feel" it would be ideal to use a different product for your initial phase. I think you`ll get far more life from the 845 with the proper cleaning/polishing which could come from some sort of "one-step" product. I`m sure you could find a bottle of something at Pepboi or W*mart that would be much better suited without spending a bunch of $$$.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you... it`s either PwS or Polish + 845. I may do PwS and 845 it later... but I kind of want to do it right the first time. Bleh.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go one step as its just going to be beatup anyway. Especially since you can`t get more money from your customer for a two step

The Poorboys is probably great for this task except durability stinks from every account I`ve ever read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information