Thread: Rupes vs. Flex

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

Well, as I was polishing my car yesterday, my UDM polisher started doing funny things. Slowing down, no starting, generally looking like it was ready to die. So I think it`s time I choose a new machine.*

First option would be a direct replacement. Probably the Griott`s DA. But then I have an opportunity here to upgrade (if I can justify the cost).*

So in that event, I think the two obvious steps up are the Rupes 21 or the Flex 3401.*

Can some of you comment on how these compare and how to choose between them? The prices are very similar, so I`m looking for insight on how they correct, how they are to use, etc.*

Thanks,

Andres

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the brushes on the UDM first.

Post Thanks / Like
    So i took the brushes out, looks like you were right. Now i just need to find a place that sells this type of thing in town.

But I think the question remains as to how the Flex and the Rupes compare. Anyone have experience with each?

Post Thanks / Like
    My buddy in Chicago just got the Rupes 21mm and loves it! I`m still using my Flex as of now, but will eventually purchase the Rupes too. Can`t wait for the day to call up Buff Daddy and place the order!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing conclusive now, depends on your polishing style..If PC is all you have experienced then the rupes should be your natural inclination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having had and used both, it`s Rupes for me hands down, but I never cared for my Flex that much either. It is a good and well built tool, which does the job well, it just wasn`t for me. You can`t really go wrong with either, but without question the Rupes is smoother and requires less effort to use, thus less fatigue at the end of the day.

Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using a Flex for about 5-6 years now and love it! I guess I am just used to the "Feel" and noise of it. When I go back and forth from my Flex to DA it`s a night and day difference! The forced rotation always wins as far as passes and time spent correcting each section. Now with the MF pads it`s even easier! I`m finding that what got as far as 2 step corrections before with foam I now get with 1 pass with MF. That all being said I will want to test the Rupes before buying it. If I can achieve the same or better faster, I will pull the trigger. If your in this business to make money, time is money.

My $.02 also

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALM
    My buddy in Chicago just got the Rupes 21mm and loves it! I`m still using my Flex as of now, but will eventually purchase the Rupes too. Can`t wait for the day to call up Buff Daddy and place the order!

That makes two of us on all counts!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a "No-brainer" Rupes 21 with all the trimmings.................. it will change it all for you especially coming from a UDM.

Thread Information