Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Second post here, Autopia has been great source for information and a friendly community! Here`s little about my situation. I have a `10 WRB WRX. It was damaged, ski gear dragged across, keyed, or something to that effect at Homewood Mountain, Tahoe. After having the paint repaired I noticed fine scratches around the car, nothing deep, very superficial and only noticeable in the right lighting. The body shop did a great job repairing the paint, but I`m sure they didn`t give as much of a s**t about properly washing all the mountain road grime off the car as I would have.

So here is where I`m at. Just purchased a HF Chicago Electric DA Polisher minus the backing plate for $42. Will be purchasing a proper backing plate when I put my pad and product order in. I understand somewhat the differences in using the various pads. From what I can tell I don`t think the paint is in need of serious correction, just more then a wax and a little TLC. I tried to take pictures with my phone but the camera is crap.

In my initial post, someone mentioned using a green pad. Would I be able to get away with using a blue or even black pad with the proper polish to make minor corrections to my paint? What products would you guys recommend for correcting Subaru`s paint? Is there a product that would be good for correcting swirls in Venture Shield/Clear Bra? Also, I`m open to Wax/Sealant recommendations.

This is my first time polishing my car, but it has been professionally detailed twice a year since I bought it, waxed by me 3-4 times a year if not more, and garage kept when at home.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cjwilson
    .. From what I can tell I don`t think the paint is in need of serious correction, just more then a wax and a little TLC. I tried to take pictures with my phone but the camera is crap.

In my initial post, someone mentioned using a green pad. Would I be able to get away with using a blue or even black pad with the proper polish to make minor corrections to my paint?...

Even when the marring isn`t all that deep/severe, I would *NOT* expectd a gentle "finising pad" to do the work. I`d rather use a mild polishing pad. Not saying the other approach won`t work (and I`m sure it has its advocates), but it`s not how I`d go about it.

What products would you guys recommend for correcting Subaru`s paint?

I`d suggest 3D`s Uno and Speed.

I`ll let others address the other polishing Qs as I`m not up to speed on the polishing of PPF.

For the Last Step Product ("LSP", i.e, your wax/sealant), I`d use either a wax from Collinite or FinishKare`s FK1000P. But if you`re ordering from 3D anyhow, you could do a lot worse than their Poxy.

Thread Information