Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! Thanks for posting pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t but any new product(s) until we get to the bottom of why your are not achieving satisfactory results.

As with most guys on the forum... I`m always available to chat: (805) 478-1658

Once we get you dialed in (if we do!) then I`m happy to share what was done to change things up. I`d do the back and forth thing via forums, but this past month I simply cannot get in front of the computer, even to send out invoices. Otherwise, the let the forum guys set you straight, but refrain from trying new pads and liquids until you can at least achieve pretty decent results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown
    I wouldn`t but any new product(s) until we get to the bottom of why your are not achieving satisfactory results.

As with most guys on the forum... I`m always available to chat: (805) 478-1658

Once we get you dialed in (if we do!) then I`m happy to share what was done to change things up. I`d do the back and forth thing via forums, but this past month I simply cannot get in front of the computer, even to send out invoices. Otherwise, the let the forum guys set you straight, but refrain from trying new pads and liquids until you can at least achieve pretty decent results.

Thank You! You are a true class act Kevin. Also a big thanks to everyone who has so far chipped in on tips and tricks that I will definatley use on my next attempt at tackling the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I know I am a little late to the party but I figured I would chime in since I own a 2006 RSX Type-S (Vivid Blue Pearl) myself. From your images it looks like your car is Dessert Silver Metallic, as you stated, not quite silver. The paint looks to have some nice gloss to it, and after reading what your using you should be able to get a nice correction with those tools.

The first time I tackled my RSX, I will admit that I take pretty good care of all of my vehicles and I had this one since new, but it still took me about 8-10 hours for what I would call a 99% correction. At the time I was using a UDM, 5.5" Lake County Orange pads and Malco Buff-Lite II.

I am not sure how much time you spent on prep-work and correction but it surely took a very long time for me to complete and I learned a lot here at Autopia as well. Don`t let the results slow you down, with practice I am sure you will be able to achieve the results you are looking for with the products you have on hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VBPXer
    Hey, I know I am a little late to the party but I figured I would chime in since I own a 2006 RSX Type-S (Vivid Blue Pearl) myself. From your images it looks like your car is Dessert Silver Metallic, as you stated, not quite silver. The paint looks to have some nice gloss to it, and after reading what your using you should be able to get a nice correction with those tools.

The first time I tackled my RSX, I will admit that I take pretty good care of all of my vehicles and I had this one since new, but it still took me about 8-10 hours for what I would call a 99% correction. At the time I was using a UDM, 5.5" Lake County Orange pads and Malco Buff-Lite II.

I am not sure how much time you spent on prep-work and correction but it surely took a very long time for me to complete and I learned a lot here at Autopia as well. Don`t let the results slow you down, with practice I am sure you will be able to achieve the results you are looking for with the products you have on hand.

Thank you very much! Its great to hear from someone who has worked on the same type as clear as mine. How do you feel in regards to paint hardness in comparison with some of the other cars you have worked with? Good to hear I have the right equipment with my current setup. And great color on your car btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    The hardness of mine was definitely towards the soft end of the scale in comparison to others I have detailed. I have done everything but exotics, although I have done a few modern Porsche 996 and 911s. The paint on my Acura is one of the softest I have dealt with. Even saying that just remember even soft paint takes awhile to correct, especially if it hasn`t been done for awhile. Here is what mine looked like a few days after the correction, no closeups of the perfected paint available right now though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pics and great looking car. Not sure if the car having soft paint is a good thing or a bad thing (easily scratched and swirled) but thanks for the real world input.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s why it`s great having you around Kevin.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVR
    That`s why it`s great having you around Kevin.

Very very true. I would definitely give Kevin a call - he put me on the "true path" and I`m very grateful. Probably need a technique tweak as you`ve already guessed and he would be able to give you that. Also, I tried his Xact Fit backing pads and that made a huge difference as well. If your looking for expert advice, he just a phone call away. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information