Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys I`ve already owned a GG 6 ROP and now a G110v2. But I really want to step a little faster on the job, and I usually work on very soft paints.

I`m with my eyes on 2 polishers

One is a Flex 3401 and the other is a Dewalt 849x. I was thinking about getting both, but I decided to search a little more about the dynabrade and found much love here on autopia for it.

Questions are:

- If you were me, what would you choose ? Dewalt 849x with dynabrade or the Flex 3401 (not considering the money factor) ? Maybe both ?

- I`ve seen some experienced users talking about the forced rotation on the dynabrade as unstable..... question is... without the forced rotation on the dynabrade will it still be faster than a Flex 3401 ?

- What would be the speed range you would work with the dynabrade and a Dewalt 849x ? (the dynabrade website states 3200 rpm is the max if I`m not reading it wrong).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush-Mouth
    Can`t what you currently have do the job? A lot of pro detailers seem to make it work.

What I have atm is a Meguiar`s G110v2 DA, it`s a great machine, but I want something that will do the job faster.

I`ve heard many guys claiming that a DA with MF pads are great and fast enough, but working on very soft paints with a cutting MF pad is not an option really, it won`t finish well and another pass would be required.

I`m mainly doing 1 step polishing then sealing/waxing jobs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dacavalcante
    Guys I`ve already owned a GG 6 ROP and now a G110v2. But I really want to step a little faster on the job, and I usually work on very soft paints.

I`m with my eyes on 2 polishers

One is a Flex 3401 and the other is a Dewalt 849x. I was thinking about getting both, but I decided to search a little more about the dynabrade and found much love here on autopia for it.

Questions are:

- If you were me, what would you choose ? Dewalt 849x with dynabrade or the Flex 3401 (not considering the money factor) ? Maybe both ?

- I`ve seen some experienced users talking about the forced rotation on the dynabrade as unstable..... question is... without the forced rotation on the dynabrade will it still be faster than a Flex 3401 ?

- What would be the speed range you would work with the dynabrade and a Dewalt 849x ? (the dynabrade website states 3200 rpm is the max if I`m not reading it wrong).

Since you have a G110v2 Stick with that and use it for smaller panels on a 3 inch pad setup. Next I would forget the flex and go with the Dewalt and the Dynabrade. The dynabrade is a machine that will destroy swirls fast. The issue with this machine is the fact that when people get it they want to use smaller pads. Its designed to handle larger pads. Larger pads with help with the balance of the machine. I highly recomend picking up these pads here below if you do get it.

7.5" Orange Flat Cutting Pad - 40 ppi

Grab a few of the orange and a few of the green. These pads have a ring in the back that make for perfect centering on any 6 inch backing plate. You`ll also need a 6 inch Dual Action Backing Plate that is threaded to 5/16. to run with the dynabrade.

What makes this nice is the fact that you now have a solid rotory and also forced rotation of the dynabrade. Both the machine and the dynabrade are built to last. Good luck on your adventure.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Since you have a G110v2 Stick with that and use it for smaller panels on a 3 inch pad setup. Next I would forget the flex and go with the Dewalt and the Dynabrade. The dynabrade is a machine that will destroy swirls fast. The issue with this machine is the fact that when people get it they want to use smaller pads. Its designed to handle larger pads. Larger pads with help with the balance of the machine. I highly recomend picking up these pads here below if you do get it.

7.5" Orange Flat Cutting Pad - 40 ppi

Grab a few of the orange and a few of the green. These pads have a ring in the back that make for perfect centering on any 6 inch backing plate. You`ll also need a 6 inch Dual Action Backing Plate that is threaded to 5/16. to run with the dynabrade.

What makes this nice is the fact that you now have a solid rotory and also forced rotation of the dynabrade. Both the machine and the dynabrade are built to last. Good luck on your adventure.

Hello Barry, thank you very much for replying, I was actually hoping to hear from you, as you seem to be the one with the most experience with dynabrade here.

I plan to stick to my G110v2... one thing I`ve learned from selling the Griots is that you don`t sell a machine to buy another from a different type... "=]

- What would be the most recommended dynabrade for the 849x ? I assume the 61384 is the right one for the dewalt thread, right ?

- How about 6.5" pads ? Too small ?

- I guess I just run the rotary with the dynabrade as I would use a regular DA polisher, right ?

Post Thanks / Like
    6.5 inch pads are fine. You want Part Number 61384 Dynabrade Dual Action Buffing head. Also check this link out. http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...fing-head.html I will tell you this once you use this machine you will not look back.

Here is a picture of the Dynabrade at there Best! lol This is Eric Witt, David Purser and myself humming the Dynabrades.

Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 61384, would sell it if anyone is interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan the one you have will rock the house on Sanding. The throw of the stroke isn`t large enough to fully polish with. Have you tried it for sanding?
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Nice Pic! I wish one day I`ll be as pro as you guys to deserve being polishing cars like that.

So 6.5" are fine but a little unstable ? or it would be as stable as a 7.5" pad on it ?

Diego

6.5 inch pads are fine. You want Part Number 61384 Dynabrade Dual Action Buffing head. Also check this link out. http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...fing-head.html I will tell you this once you use this machine you will not look back.

Here is a picture of the Dynabrade at there Best! lol This is Eric Witt, David Purser and myself humming the Dynabrades.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan the one you have will rock the house on Sanding. The throw of the stroke isn`t large enough to fully polish with. Have you tried it for sanding?

Wrote down the wrong part #. I have the 61384.

Post Thanks / Like
    6.5 five inch pads are great, but those 7.5 I linked you to are Bad Asss with the Dynabrade. Its just the right balance.
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush-Mouth
    Can`t what you currently have do the job? A lot of pro detailers seem to make it work.

Your right how most pros SEEM to make it work, but keep in mind as a professional I personally feel you can`t have enought tools in your arsenal. What are your thoughts?
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail

Shoot me a PM with a price. "=]

This is the 3/4" orbit, forced and free orbit rotation, right ?

6.5 five inch pads are great, but those 7.5 I linked you to are Bad Asss with the Dynabrade. Its just the right balance.

Thank you Barry.

I really want to give these pads you`ve linked a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    The # on the head is 61379, the receipt says 61384.

Post Thanks / Like
    That should sell fast!!!

I`d start a new thread.
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like

Check your PMs... reply me with the price of it.

The # on the head is 61379, the receipt says 61384.

That should sell fast!!!

I`d start a new thread.

Yeah, I`ll probably buy it.

Is there any way to get some %off on those 7.5" pads ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information