Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The "Truth"

Post Thanks / Like
    You are a funny guy - I just pointed out that it will hide holograms for a week until you wash the car. How is that bashing?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    The only point I see is you trying to bash D300.

Post Thanks / Like
    did you do the experiment I did and you had no holograms coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    I`ve experimented with it for a long time, and have been using it for a long time, and I`ve never seen it do any filling.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is I hope garry is making a video. There is absolutely nothing on t.v. tonight :yawn1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have expeirenced first hand the fillers in D300. I personally feel all products fill to a degree, I think its up to the tech to fully understand there polishing goals. An educated detailer with expeirence under there belt will notice the oils in compounds lubricating the surface. It just apart of the process. Thats why many professionals use alternative wipedown methods other then quick detailers to remove the polishing film left behind.

Garry looking foward to the video by the way! :2thumbs:
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna 85rd for example didn`t budge. Kept using 70% alcohol and the panel stayed mint. Took a da and some paint cleaner product with a blue finishing pad and the holograms came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham
    I know one that has no fillers.

ValuGard Cerious Compound, which is cerium oxide based.

What you see is what you get, when used correctly.

And that, gentlemen, is normally true of any professional product.

When in doubt, mist with an IPA/water mix and allow to dwell for a minute or two before wiping clean, works for the average person to find what the end result is.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    I do an IPA wipe down after every section pass when Im cutting to ensure Im getting the desired true results Im looking for.

I rarely ever use a rotary these days and have not noticed much, if any filling with a d/a or this Makita BO6040...
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    did you do the experiment I did and you had no holograms coming back?

That`s correct, never anything from D300, a week later, two weeks later, a month later, etc. Maybe try a new technique if you aren`t getting the results others are getting with D300?

I`m sure you remember this car I posted in the 3D section when I used both UNO AC and D300 on the same car. Look at the difference. Zero holograms, zero swirls came back, and I washed it again over a month later after these pics.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/3d-high...pic-heavy.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    I have expeirenced first hand the fillers in D300. I personally feel all products fill to a degree, I think its up to the tech to fully understand there polishing goals. An educated detailer with expeirence under there belt will notice the oils in compounds lubricating the surface. It just apart of the process. Thats why many professionals use alternative wipedown methods other then quick detailers to remove the polishing film left behind.

Garry looking foward to the video by the way! :2thumbs:

Are these "fillers" or just the normal oils in every polish/compound you`re speaking of? Like you said, all of them fill to a certain degree, but not all are intended to "fill" pre se, since you should always wipe away any remaining oils/residue anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    I do an IPA wipe down after every section pass when Im cutting to ensure Im getting the desired true results Im looking for.

I rarely ever use a rotary these days and have not noticed much, if any filling with a d/a or this Makita BO6040...

I agree, I rarely reach for my Makita 9227 anymore. While a rotary will almost always leave behind some holograms, I haven`t had that problem with a DA. I think proper technique goes a long way in avoiding this also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rob the wizard and I chatted a while back, great guy BTW and he`s truely the BO6040 expert! If anybody wants to know what I want for Christmas..hint hint! Seriously, next polisher I buy will be the Makita. Ok wise guy, see your hand up - I know, but JB you already have two PC`s, a Cyclo and a DeWalt rotary...wanna know somethin? the one that dies with the most toys -wins!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    Rob the wizard and I chatted a while back, great guy BTW and he`s truely the BO6040 expert! If anybody wants to know what I want for Christmas..hint hint! Seriously, next polisher I buy will be the Makita. Ok wise guy, see your hand up - I know, but JB you already have two PC`s, a Cyclo and a DeWalt rotary...wanna know somethin? the one that dies with the most toys -wins!

Who do you think loaned this one to me...?
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally up off the floor and my heart restarted!

Checked the Makita out on their site, then to Fastnel, since they have a store here and WOW!

Anyone who buys one had better be able to use it 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

Their price----$472.00!!

I realize that there are those who can justify that expense since they do so many cars.

Me, I am retired, I just play and it`s a bit pricey for me to use a dozen times a year or so.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    2 griots, 2 HD, 1 pcxp, flex 3401, flex rotary.

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham
    Finally up off the floor and my heart restarted!

Checked the Makita out on their site, then to Fastnel, since they have a store here and WOW!

Anyone who buys one had better be able to use it 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

Their price----$472.00!!

I realize that there are those who can justify that expense since they do so many cars.

Me, I am retired, I just play and it`s a bit pricey for me to use a dozen times a year or so.

Grumpy

Its $285 shipped on Amazon.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that there would be someone selling the unit as less than the price I found, just no need for one.

My Bosch does have power, the speed control, easy to use and since I only use it once or twice a month, not going to sell the farm to get this very nice polisher.

Grumpy

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information