Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Kevin for the quick refund...one more spot open! MRI revealed ruptured tendon (bicep). Surgery on Monday morning and will miss the first day of school (20 years of elementary school)! VERY SAD to miss this class, but partner will be there. I should be all good for SEMA and the next class.

Have fun! I`ll be in a sling for 6-8 weeks!!!

Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I would love to attend this!

Well then pay up sucka and lets do this! Get there david, would love for you to add to the info!

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Charles Hahn
    Gotcha, thanks for responding. Guess I`ll just have to hope this becomes an annual event and try to make it out next time around.

I`d also like to be involved in more NXT events; it requires Jason Rose and loads of support from Meguiar`s.

I can only be ready should the opportunity arise. :cheer2:

Quote Originally Posted by WCD
    Thanks to Kevin for the quick refund...one more spot open! MRI revealed ruptured tendon (bicep). Surgery on Monday morning and will miss the first day of school (20 years of elementary school)! VERY SAD to miss this class, but partner will be there. I should be all good for SEMA and the next class. Have fun! I`ll be in a sling for 6-8 weeks!!!

Rob

I was bummed to hear that you will not be attending. Thanks for sending your friend Nick our way.

We`ll stuff his brain chock full of the good stuff, so he can BLURT it all to you!

Get well, and no more one-armed tug-of-war competitions. :nomore:

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    Well then pay up sucka and lets do this! Get there David, would love for you to add to the info!

Cheers,

GREG

:plane: :plane: :plane: What Greg said.

Post Thanks / Like
    *** UPDATE: 8-25-2012 ***

Also listed in post #2 of this thread.

Here`s the latest information on the class. We`ve decided to schedule TWO separate classes, as Saturday`s class has nearly sold out! Since NXT is such a difficult event to pull together (time, venue, Instructors, etc.), it made sense to do this. Judging by the list of guys slated to attend already, we believe that NXT offers tremendous VALUE and OPPORTUNITY for beginners and experts alike.

The 1st NXT Class is slated for Saturday, September 22nd, 2012.

The 2nd NXT Class is slated for Sunday, September 23rd, 2012.

These are daylong events, scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. and continue on into the evening. More on the after-hours networking session in the next update. Entry fee for either NXT Class is $595.00, which includes lunch, beverages, and a kit of products with a retail value of $500.00 (including tax).

"Is NXT for beginners, or experts?" It`s for BOTH!

While it is probably best that a person planning to attend NXT have at least some experience in the realm of sanding or polishing automotive paint, by no means is it a requirement. The teaching format of NXT blends classroom-style information sharing with a hands-on approach. In short, learning is easy! You`ll leave the class with an understanding of why things work the way they do, and retain the information longer.

Throughout the day, our instructors will discuss the theory behind proper sanding and polishing techniques. While the information is still fresh, you`ll immediately spend time working under the watchful eye of some of the best in the industry! We`ll guide you through various sanding and polishing processes, all the while making adjustments to your technique, and explain why these adjustment must be made.

Additionally, you`ll watch us guide your classmates along their learning path, making needed recommendations & adjustments along the way. This four-prong approach to learning is very effective, and loads of fun (1. Discuss the process; 2. Observe the process; 3. Implement the process; 4. Summarize what you`ve learned.)

It is in this segment that beginners and weekend warriors will observe the various expert-level attendees work their magic. Keep a keen-eye open, because you`ll learn the finer points of high-level paint restoration as our instructors fine-tune the techniques of some of the BEST paint restoration guys in the USA. This promises to be a real BLAST to SEE!

"What subject matter will NXT encompass?"

We will discuss a wide variety of topics, some of which are listed below.

First and foremost, NXT will focus on teaching you the basics of sanding and polishing automotive paint.

We`ll discuss, demonstrate, and instruct you on the basics of Paint Sanding via hand and machine, which will allow you to safely and confidently:

• Minimize or eliminate paint surface imperfections (such as embedded dirt nibs, fisheye craters, paint sags and runs)

• Minimize or eliminate below-surface paint defects (such as scratches)

• Minimize or eliminate paint texture (such as orange peel)

We`ll discuss, demonstrate, and instruct you on the basics of Machine Polishing, using the following categories of machines:

• Rotary

•Random Orbital

•Forced Rotation Orbital

•Dual Mode (various combinations of the above listed machines)

This segment of the class promises to be very exciting, as it is critical that you understand what is happening during the polishing process so that you are able to quickly and efficiently make adjustments to your technique while you work. You`ll learn how parameters such as machine speed, backing plate rotation, and applied pressure can change the dynamics of what is taking place between the buffing pad and paint surface.

We`ll delve into the subject of buffing pads and discs, explaining the features and benefits of the various materials used to make them. You`ll also learn how a pad`s design can affect its overall performance. Did you realize that increasing the diameter of a pad from 3" to 4" increases the measured surface area of the pad by over 75%? If you answered yes to that question, did you also realize that depending upon a pad`s design, a 3" diameter pad of one design could actually plant more of its material against the paint surface, compared to a 4" diameter pad of a mildly different design? Do you understand what I`m getting at? There`s a lot more to pad design than meets the eye.

The information shared in this segment will teach you to quickly analyze pads and discs, enabling you to get a very good sense of what to expect prior to polishing. For me, this is one of the most interesting and misunderstood areas of paint polishing, so we`ll work hard to clear things up.

The list of topics goes on, and we`re prepared to discuss them at length.

*** UPDATE: THIS JUST IN FROM JASON ROSE: ***

As posted on meguiarsonline: "Special guest announcement!

We have a special Saturday Lunch Guest, for what it is already turning out to be a remarkable training event. Brent Dunning, Meguiar`s Chemist, will be showing up for a Q&A session on Sept 22, at the Meguiar`s Training Center, NXT Class. This is an incredible opportunity for participants to interact with and ask questions of one of our key people on the Meguiar`s Global R&D and Product Development Team. Brent was instrumental and a key formulator for several of our most popular compounds and polishes. If you are already registered for this event... this is an unexpected extra treat for you! If you are not registered but are considering attending, this is another compelling reason to sign up. This is a truly rare opportunity to rub shoulders with a Meguiar`s Chemist. Looking forward to seeing you there!"

Stay tuned, as I`ll be adding more information about NXT very soon.

Next up: A bit about our NXT Instructors & Assistants, and after-hours play time at Meguiar`s!

Kevin Brown

www.buffdaddy.com

(805) 478-1658 cell

iamwaxman@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished booking my flight and hotel! Can`t wait! :spot

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    Well then pay up sucka and lets do this! Get there david, would love for you to add to the info!

Cheers,

GREG

LOL! I don`t know what I would be adding in the presense of this elite group of gentlemen. :hand:

I would be a bunch of fun though......

I`m jealous of all who will be attending. Please take lots of photos and post them on Autopia!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! I don`t know what I would be adding in the presense of this elite group of gentlemen. :hand:

I would be a bunch of fun though......

I`m jealous of all who will be attending. Please take lots of photos and post them on Autopia!

Ditto! I expect lots of feedback/reviews! Don`t let Kevin brown off that easily!

Post Thanks / Like
    *** UPDATE: SATURDAY`S NXT CLASS IS FULL! ***

Thanks to those that are headed our way.

Forging ahead to fill Sunday`s class... please contact me if you have any questions regarding this class. 1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown
    Charlie,

We haven`t discussed this topic in any depth. It`s not that we wouldn`t want to set up this sort of thing, but rather the time/cost/difficulty in getting all the details worked out. Keep in mind that you`re getting an answer from ME, and I`ve never set up this sort of thing. Although Meguiar`s is a worldwide company with vast technology at its disposal, we haven`t asked for nor delved into the topic in any detail. We also do not know how successful the training event will be (just now confirmed that we are adding a second class, scheduled for Sunday, September 23rd).

Finally, knowing Jason Rose and Mike Stoops, if we DID offer such coverage, they`d likely want to tailor the training to specifically for it. Things such as buffer noise masking what the Instructors are saying, students watching a demo (and the camera or camera guy not being able to get a decent shot), etc... these are all issues that could turn off a guy that paid to watch. That`s the best I`ve got on the subject right now.

I would still love for it to be streamed online. Even if I couldn`t hear or see every single thing. Im sure there will be video cameras there anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a fun time 4 sure :Banane21:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I just volunteered to be NXT Sundays official "go-fer!"
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a dirty job, but someone`s gotta do it!

hey, btw, I just referred a client to you with a 356 Speedster..

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a dirty job, but someone`s gotta do it!

hey, btw, I just referred a client to you with a 356 Speedster..

NICE Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe - go into your profile/settings in your user control panel and turn on your Private Messaging feature. Right now you have it turned off and cannot get messages. Send me a PM so I can reply with the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure so everybody and there MOMMA can PM me questions on how to polish or run a successful business! It got so bad I just shut all my PMs down. joe @ superiorshine.com would be a better choice.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information