Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Any information on warranty?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quoted from Autopia Ben in another thread:

"We are finalizing the warranty info and should have it displayed this week. It is going to most likely be 3 years parts / 1 year labor.

Ben"

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...ml#post1504169

Post #16

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell of a comparison Garry, that`s pretty impressive that you can`t bog the HD with as much as you`re bearing down on it. Thanks for taking the time to make this comparo, I`m pretty sure I`ll be trying one of these whenever my current GG or G110 decide to give up on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Food for thought in regards to tool & warranty comparison.....

Even though the GG has a lifetime warranty, does it make it a better choice over the HD polisher? I`ve read quite a bit commenting on this lifetime warranty. Is a warranty that strong of a selling point for a polisher for a pro or novice? It has never really been a consideration in any I can remember?

Quoted from Autopia Ben in another thread:

"We are finalizing the warranty info and should have it displayed this week. It is going to most likely be 3 years parts / 1 year labor.

Ben"

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...ml#post1504169

Post #16
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Food for thought in regards to tool & warranty comparison.....

Even though the GG has a lifetime warranty, does it make it a better choice over the HD polisher? I`ve read quite a bit commenting on this lifetime warranty. Is a warranty that strong of a selling point for a polisher for a pro or novice? It has never really been a consideration in any I can remember?

As you consider the warranty on the HD Polisher--I can understand why warranty may not be a major consideration for a pro detailer--it`s a tool of the trade and has implications around time to complete a job etc. However, from a "hobbyist" stand point I believe a lifetime warranty is of value--Say one uses the machine 4-6 times a year taking care of personal vehicles and four years later the polisher fails--with a lifetime warranty you send it in for repair or replacement--without you`re faced with a repair bill or replacement cost and you`ve only used the machine 16-24 times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice video! From the video, it seems it`s not so much the loudness but the type of noise that`s different. Have you detailed an entire car with the HD polisher yet? If so, how hot did it get, especially compared to the GG6? Any problems with it in regards to heat transferring to the backing plate and pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Nice video! From the video, it seems it`s not so much the loudness but the type of noise that`s different. Have you detailed an entire car with the HD polisher yet? If so, how hot did it get, especially compared to the GG6? Any problems with it in regards to heat transferring to the backing plate and pad?

I have polished 7 whole cars with the HD polisher. It definitely gets warm, but I do not notice any excessive heat. The pad does not seem to get hot either. I agree about the noise... I did mention "different" in the video. It has a higher pitched sound than the rest that hits my ears different.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    superb video Garry! I liked it.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its louder than the griots at speed 6. I guess that I need to use it a few hours in order to break it in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    As you consider the warranty on the HD Polisher--I can understand why warranty may not be a major consideration for a pro detailer--it`s a tool of the trade and has implications around time to complete a job etc. However, from a "hobbyist" stand point I believe a lifetime warranty is of value--Say one uses the machine 4-6 times a year taking care of personal vehicles and four years later the polisher fails--with a lifetime warranty you send it in for repair or replacement--without you`re faced with a repair bill or replacement cost and you`ve only used the machine 16-24 times.

I agree with this from a hobbyist POV. However, I rather have of peace of mind that the product will consistently perform to specifications than peace of mind that there is a warranty in case it doesn`t...although it doesn`t hurt to have both

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely hate ya Garry. You could of said this new da was a piece of crap and saved me some money. j/k But no you had to go and get my attention and now I want to try one. I had wondered if it would require some break-in to bring down the noise level some. It seemed to be in a acceptable range as were the others. We look forward to you videos and honest assessment of equipment and products. Thanks for sharing.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of great features the HD Polisher has to offer that was not talked about here. There is a huge difference in random orbital and forced rotation!!! The HD Polisher is a forced rotation orbital machine. What does that mean in professional results? is that on soft clears it will not leave a marring effect even when using the Meguiars Micro Fiber Pad system. It has more power and torque, and its very easy to get more paint defect removal. Because of the forced rotation and extra torque of the machine you will see amazing results in the painted finish over most of the random orbital polishers sold on the market today. This is the type of machine that can actually get you "rotary buffer results" without the stress of using a rotary buffer. The HD Polisher has an ergonomic front end which helps a lot on body wear and tear and you will last a lot longer when holding for it long periods of time. Another great function is that the vibration is a lot less with the HD Polisher compared to most of the other orbital polishers. The soft start is perfect for the newest person or rookie getting into using a DA Polisher. It truly helps when they are getting used to holding a machine for the first time and also helps from turning it on before a rookie has it completely placed on the surface to prevent a mess of the spit and sling of chemical by an accidental turn on too soon... Another cool feature of the HD Polisher is the opportunity to re-use the carrying case with a few extra pads and supplies it holds which, is another reason its the perfect choice for the retail consumer as well as the pro detailer. Plus, the case is a hard plastic case and it protects the machine from getting beat up by throwing it around in your detailing rig. Keeps it looking newer longer.

Im sure the HD Polisher is going to be a huge success in the industry... I would suggest using Meguiars or other paint correction chemicals to get the same amazing results me and my teams are getting when using the amazing HD Polisher. Im having unreal results using Meguiars 105 and 205 with the 5.5 inch Buff and Shine or Lake Country foam Pad systems. Im also very stoked to see that on soft clears, especially black and dark colored paint, Im using the Meguiars Micro Fiber Paint Correction System and getting absolutely no marring or hazing like I do with other DA`s... Im totally sold on the HD POLISHER... Very cool...

Get your HD Polisher soon as I know there is limited stock on hand.

Good luck to all of you out there in detail land..
    When you hear, do you listen?

When you see, is there vision?

When you speak, is there wisdom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Total Pro
    The HD Polisher is a forced rotation orbital machine.
    :nixweiss:

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I`m misunderstanding something here but I was made to believe the new da was NOT a forced orbit rotation machine.Can somebody please clarify this . I thought this was discussed in previous threads and on Garry`s video.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a forced rotation machine. Some people, sometimes, don`t have the right info.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information