Post Thanks / Like
    I am putting together a few videos on the High-Line Paint Meter. I`m not going to list the technical data because I honestly don`t care about it. I`m with 3D - "Detailing Made Simple". If you want that information, it`s out there. I researched and contemplated for months on which gauge to buy. Two things landed me on the High-Line. The realization that the gauge is only as good as the detailer using it and I saw David from Street Dreams using it, lol. If that guy uses this thing, it`s good enough for me!

I picked it up for $199 shipped straight from High-Line themselves and it took about a week to get here. (From East Cost to San Diego)

I don`t work for High-Line, they don`t know me and didn`t approve any of this. This information is strictly my understanding and is opinionated. Please do your own research, I just hope this helps those looking to purchase one. I would love a more expensive unit, but for now, this`ll do donkey, this`ll do.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the difference between what you have and the Highline II meter?

Post Thanks / Like
    High-line actually does a pretty horrible job providing information on their website. I could not find any useful information on the High-line II but comments from people recommending them because they liked it. However, since I`m positive these units are made by the one manufacturer and then rebadged for companies like High-line, what I found about other units similar are:

Gen I uses 4 AAA batteries, Gen II uses 1 AAA.

Gen II can

- "flip" the display so you can use it upside down.

- 3 buttons: switch between mil and um, read last 10 measurements, flip the readout.

- automatic on

- larger display

Out of those 4 differences, I did not find any of them worth the extra $50.

Other than that, I believe the probe is also different. I don`t have experience with it, but if it`s easier to use, that would be worth the extra $50 IMO. The 1 thing I dislike about the Highline is the probe itself.

I found a few other examples, but this page pretty much sums up why I believe they are rebadged:

Automotive Paint Gauges & Coating Thickness Meters

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for rattling my brain. Now I remember the Gen 1 meter. I have the II and been happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    Thanks for rattling my brain. Now I remember the Gen 1 meter. I have the II and been happy with it.

Hows the probe on it? Can you send me a photo? I was editing while you responded, but it`s the one thing I don`t like on this meter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry meter is at work. It`s a metal button that is pressed onto the paint. Looks close to what your Gen 1 looks like in the vid, just a bit smaller. What don`t you like about your probe?
    Quote Originally Posted by badquenga
    Hows the probe on it? Can you send me a photo? I was editing while you responded, but it`s the one thing I don`t like on this meter.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s just smaller than I thought it would be, easy to no lay completely flat on the surface and get an inaccurate reading. I found some photos and it looks the same. It`s not a huge problem, just the only "issue".

Thread Information