Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently use a Cyclo and Dewalt for my polishing needs but have heard great things about both of these machines. Anyone out there have any preference? Looking at picking one up

Thanks,

-Coug

Post Thanks / Like
    Coug, I have used the Festool on a few jobs and it is a well balanced machine. Backing plates that I had did not fit so that was one draw-back but it felt good and ran smooth. Having other Festool tools they have a very good reputation along with a hefty price! Not sure I would spend the money unless I used a rotary allot more. I own both Flex units (3401 & 3403) and I use the Flex DA on all of my jobs. I don`t use the rotary as much as I used to. The good thing that I like about Flex rotaries is the weight. When compared to the Dewalt or Makita it is much lighter. So working in awkward positions the Flex feels much better to hold later in the day! But the speed is not as slow as the Makita (900RPM) so jeweling is not supposed to work, but I never had any problems. As far as the DA, the Flex to me I would not leave home without! The speed of correction is second to none! And now with Optimum MF pads this thing should be deadly! Hope that helps??

Post Thanks / Like
    Guessing you wanted to compare the Shinex to the PE Flex rotary? If so, here`s a thread from DB that offers some comparisons.

HTH

Flex PE 14-2 & Festool Shinex Questions

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Flex DA, not the rotary. It has its uses. However, on soft clear coats, it doesnt even come out of the bag. I know the Flex DA is a very popular choice for a lot of people on this forum but in reality I find its use very limited.

Lotus Effect Detailing LLC

Owner/Operator George Koutsourais

www.lotuseffectdetailing.net

Thread Information