Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke
    *Subscribed*

Epic thread

Did someone say EPIC thread :bump: ? Should we??

*109 likes

*230++ replies

*11,000++ views
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Epic in so many words..........fail, entertainment, My Name is Earl character, etc
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fueler
    LOL, i can`t stop watching these videos.

Paint Overspray Removal International Services "3M & Meguiars Products" - YouTube

"there`s a lot of weirdo`s on the internet" [...] "cats are delicious. you wouldn`t know until you actually ate a cat - them damn things are delicious" (at 9:50)

and his dialogue about how great facebook is - this guys train of thought is fascinating

@ 11:10 :roll:

Post Thanks / Like
    Phew, just read through this entire thread. Definitely good for a laugh. I noticed he removed all the videos that were linked to by people other than himself. Heh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I really just read this entire mess!!! First off I have to say I am a "Dealership Detailer" and me and other "D`D`S" watched the first few videos in horror!!!! First it was what does this guy really think hes doing buffing like that then it was is this guy nuts taking a razor blade to a car like that!!! after watching more and more videos it seems his skills with a razor its 1337 but ive seen kids from autobell grab a dewalt for the first time scare me less then this guy did!! ......But to the point yeah this is an old post but the title is what made me look at it. As a response to the title which im very disappointed in is the fact that there are "D`D`S" that take REAL pride in there work!!!! We may not get every inperfection out of a paint job on an acid rain removal but some of will make sure theres not a swirl to seen compound in a crack or "burned" edge to befound!!!! when we (at my dealership atleast) deliver a vehicle to a customer we do it in person and explain to them that the time it takes to do the job they want and expect sometimes takes more time the quoted and due to lack of time they allowed they did not recieve the best quality our shop could deliver. Sorry for the spelling it took a couple beers to make it though this after comparing someone with a set skill to an actual detailer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia! Good to know that there are DD`s that take pride in their work. We`ve seen countless horror stories over the decades regarding cars coming out of recon and the body shops. We realize that most dealers are more concerned with speed then quality, but if they`d just learn the difference between right and wrong then they`d be waaay better off. Tell us more about your operation? Do you flag time? How many cars do you do each day/week? What products are you guys using? What steps do you typically do on a dark colored car in semi-rough condition?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sarussell83
    Wow I really just read this entire mess!!! First off I have to say I am a "Dealership Detailer" and me and other "D`D`S" watched the first few videos in horror!!!!!...

Welcome to Autopia! Glad to hear you and your pals are doing things right :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    We are on the flag systems good in a way and bad in other.! In a five bay shop and eleven "detailer`s" we on average do 20-25 cars a day; some for the lot and some customer work. This is split up between 6 guys on one shift 5 on a night shift. We use mostly Blue coral Products (something i hated at first but have come to accept) but we also use some meguiars and 3m products. typically on a dark color car in semi-rough condition we start out prepping the car with an all purpose degreaser to clean engine bays, wheel wells, door jambs, etc, and have found it EXTREMELY effective at stripping wax . from there its the normal wash and dry down. While water works it way outta cracks and etc we start our interior recon.. Once that is finish we start to look over the exterior, going around the car with a med. cut compound (velvet cut) and putting a couple drops on any inperfections that we notice and know will not come out with minimal effort. We then buff those spot out with a 8" wool cut pad (Im usually running 1.5k to 2.5K rpm depending). Then if everything goes as planed we go over the entire vehicle with a good old fashioned heavy Orbital with a foam bonnet using medium cut compound (velvet cut). After removing compound by hand with a micro fiber the car gets another bath in all purpose degreaser to make sure all compund residue is off the car and another dry down. We then use a DA to apply wax (revive it). While letting wax set we usually "dress" out the car; fender wells, tires, trim, and windows. We remove the wax with a micro fiber and blue corals velocity clear coat protectant ( really just a nice lube for paint ) In between all stages we pull the car out into sunlight and look it over for any inperfections we missed and at night we use a lightwand instead. I cant say enough that we are not high end quality but we would never send out something that we wouldnt ride around in months after we detailed it. With our dealership atleast if the customer has and issue even eight months, out the car is brought back and whom ever detailed it will redo the car at no cost to the customer except for the time they have to wait and the detailer will eat the time they spend redoing the car. We really do take pride!! Yes some dealerships let complete garbage out of there "detail" shops but I`ve also seen many of vehicles come from a stand alone "Detail" shop into our dealership asking us to fix $75 buff job JOE BOB did down the road. ITS NOT THE SHOP THATS AN ISSUE ITS THE DETAILERS THAT DONT CARE THAT IS.

Blue Coral makes a great glaze that will almost hide light wet sanding marks called Product X. Great product Great glaze for what we can buy it for but we dont use it. We use Sealtec acr that will hide more than we like but we inform the customer that it was used and why it was used. Again thank you for your time I know theres alot I can learn from this sight and all of its members just please remember if were in the back yard, at a dealership, or trying to make a buck in our own shop were all detailers trying to make cars look like the ones we dreamed about when we were 6 years old flipping though a magazine...some have lost our way but none of us have quit looking for that perfect car

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your detailed post!

Hey - show your employees/coworkers this detail shop - PURE EYE CANDY!

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...ng-studio.html

Quote Originally Posted by sarussell83
    We are on the flag systems good in a way and bad in other.! In a five bay shop and eleven "detailer`s" we on average do 20-25 cars a day; some for the lot and some customer work. This is split up between 6 guys on one shift 5 on a night shift. We use mostly Blue coral Products (something i hated at first but have come to accept) but we also use some meguiars and 3m products. typically on a dark color car in semi-rough condition we start out prepping the car with an all purpose degreaser to clean engine bays, wheel wells, door jambs, etc, and have found it EXTREMELY effective at stripping wax . from there its the normal wash and dry down. While water works it way outta cracks and etc we start our interior recon.. Once that is finish we start to look over the exterior, going around the car with a med. cut compound (velvet cut) and putting a couple drops on any inperfections that we notice and know will not come out with minimal effort. We then buff those spot out with a 8" wool cut pad (Im usually running 1.5k to 2.5K rpm depending). Then if everything goes as planed we go over the entire vehicle with a good old fashioned heavy Orbital with a foam bonnet using medium cut compound (velvet cut). After removing compound by hand with a micro fiber the car gets another bath in all purpose degreaser to make sure all compund residue is off the car and another dry down. We then use a DA to apply wax (revive it). While letting wax set we usually "dress" out the car; fender wells, tires, trim, and windows. We remove the wax with a micro fiber and blue corals velocity clear coat protectant ( really just a nice lube for paint ) In between all stages we pull the car out into sunlight and look it over for any inperfections we missed and at night we use a lightwand instead. I cant say enough that we are not high end quality but we would never send out something that we wouldnt ride around in months after we detailed it. With our dealership atleast if the customer has and issue even eight months, out the car is brought back and whom ever detailed it will redo the car at no cost to the customer except for the time they have to wait and the detailer will eat the time they spend redoing the car. We really do take pride!! Yes some dealerships let complete garbage out of there "detail" shops but I`ve also seen many of vehicles come from a stand alone "Detail" shop into our dealership asking us to fix $75 buff job JOE BOB did down the road. ITS NOT THE SHOP THATS AN ISSUE ITS THE DETAILERS THAT DONT CARE THAT IS.

Blue Coral makes a great glaze that will almost hide light wet sanding marks called Product X. Great product Great glaze for what we can buy it for but we dont use it. We use Sealtec acr that will hide more than we like but we inform the customer that it was used and why it was used. Again thank you for your time I know theres alot I can learn from this sight and all of its members just please remember if were in the back yard, at a dealership, or trying to make a buck in our own shop were all detailers trying to make cars look like the ones we dreamed about when we were 6 years old flipping though a magazine...some have lost our way but none of us have quit looking for that perfect car

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Dealership Detailing In Action!

Rasky you hack!

Just got some amusement browsing this thread.

It really is epic.

I should have invited him onto Detail City. We needed more drama.

I think I still have some BC-2 somewhere. Time to put it to work now that I know the correct way to use it.
    >>>> Follow PROTEKT on Facebook
    Likes Ronkh, RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just read through that today....WOW! Lol, that guy was a maniac with a buffer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for bumping this epic thread for those of us who didn`t know it existed.

Train wreck, so painful to watch (or read in this case) but impossible to look away. He`s still making videos. Just watched one of a 2016 Camaro SS, the whole time I was thinking to myself "please don`t polish that" lol

Post Thanks / Like

The video with the electric volvo...that wool pad is so dirty and he goes to town on those emblems and everything else. Then one where he buffs the textured trim, he rubs the paint with that nasty, cheap mf...made me cringe.

Post Thanks / Like

In my life, I have read many threads on various car forums, this thread is number 2 in epicness, only to be beaten by the "Dollyman" on vw vortex I believe. About 7 or 8 years ago about the Audi guy in Arizona.
    Likes AndyA62 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to read that one then. That Jef Suggs was a class act lol.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information