I`ve been around the block a little bit, albeit on my own cars, with polishing over the last 5 years; and thought I knew what I was doing. When I started out with my PC, I tried Optimum polishes and wasn`t impressed. Then I went on to Menzerna, and thought I found it, but realized I wasn`t quite getting the results I really wanted. I really didn`t like polishing very much. It was too time consuming. I was literally going like 1-2 inches per second with the machine and putting lots of pressure on the pad, and still didn`t feel like I was getting anywhere. I pretty much gave up at that point, just doing a light polish once a year with Micro Polish. I then broke down and tried the cheap HF rotary. That wasn`t any better, probably since it can`t keep consistent speed. Then it crapped after just a couple uses.

So fast forward to last night/tonight, I figured I`d give it another shot before I decide to try a Griot`s DA, or even a better rotary. I had just happened to watch a video of someone trying out a polish a couple days ago, and I noticed they did what seemed like a ridiculous number of passes with the PC, but they weren`t really going that slow. Prior to that, I think all I had ever seen, was someone doing 4-5 passes. It was like a "duh" moment. I was trying to go really slow and muscle the pad, figuring that was the key to getting results. But I was only giving it like 4 passes (up/down, across, up/down, across) and thought the polish looked broken down. So I grabbed my SIP and an orange pad, and tried a different approach going faster, but doing more like ten passes until it was dusting pretty heavy. Hallelujah, I think we have a winner! While the SIP doesn`t get some of the heavier scratches, I think I had total success on the swirl level, and probably spent less time than before. I don`t have a proper light, and the sun has been lacking, so I can`t say it with 100% certainty, but from my scrutinizing in the garage light, I`m pretty pleased.