Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back when the KBM was all the rage and guys were correcting paint with a PC as good as rotary, some issues started to come up. We all learned the LC hydro pads would come apart in short order. That was due to them being thick like a good ol bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. That thickness was too much and the surface next to the paint would be moving in a different plane than the surface next to the backing plate - result - torn pads! LC has cut back on the fat and I hear the new ones are better. The other factor was the amount of pressure & speed that was used, reports of failed backing plates, PC`s going bad, etc. Now, we have surbuff and MF pads, these don`t need the pressure and speed that the regular foam pads needed. I found on my PCXP that speed 5 is the sweet spot for MF pads and I use just enough pressure to keep the pad nice and firm against the paint. It sure is easier on my 51 year old paws, lot less knuckle pain later.

Still waiting on a 4" version of MF pads so I can bust out the Cyclo!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to bump this thread and voice my displeasure of the g110v2.

I originally bought one back in november of last year, lasted me until april, then I had cord failure. The unit was manufactured in march of last year, so it was built during when they were having problems with faulty cords. I received a replacement july 22, made in Dec `10, which is supposed to have a new type of cord....... 14 days later, cord failure yet again. I am waiting on #3 to come in sometime this week. Hoping this next one is a better unit. If not, im going to get my money back and purchase the GG6.

Dont get me wrong, when my g110v2 worked, it was smooth and worked well, but if I have to continue going through cords.........im not about to replace my cord either and risk warranty problems down the road. I love meguiars stuff, but ive lost most confidence in their new machine.

What makes me laugh the most is I have a g100 I have had since I was a senior in high school, so about 5 years, that works not problem (beside the fact i think its time to get the brushes replaced.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information