Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered a Griot`s 6" Random Orbital and am wondering which pads to get.

I don`t plan on doing much correction at this point as both of our cars are in good shape. I currently use DG 105 as a cleaner/polish and put Aquawax on top of that. I just want some easy to use pads that will do a good job applying what I currently use. I may add a sealant to the mix at some point. Also, since I have the RO is there another polish/wax/sealant combo that might work better on our lighter colored cars (silver, and white gold)?

Would the Griot`s Red pad be enough? Is there another brand (like Lake Country) that I should consider. I`m totally new to the machine polishing arena so any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any brand will do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ruleof72
    I just ordered a Griot`s 6" Random Orbital and am wondering which pads to get.

I don`t plan on doing much correction at this point as both of our cars are in good shape. I currently use DG 105 as a cleaner/polish and put Aquawax on top of that. I just want some easy to use pads that will do a good job applying what I currently use....Would the Griot`s Red pad be enough? Is there another brand (like Lake Country) that I should consider. I`m totally new to the machine polishing arena so any help would be appreciated.

Use the Griot`s orange polishing pad (it`s very different from "regular orange pads) with your DG105 and use the Griot`s red pad for waxing/sealing.

I *REALLY* like both of the Griot`s pads, even if they get little attention here at Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know GG has a deal where you save a little if you buy their orange pads in a 3 pack. Might be worth it. And of course, they have free shipping until July 4th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of people on here have raved about the "uber" pads off of detailerdomain.com. I just ordered a pack of 5 for ~$35 (use coupon code "NEWBIE" to get 15% off). Only pads I`ve used so far are the Hex Logic pads which I`m kinda `meh` about so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoolinNoMore
    Lots of people on here have raved about the "uber" pads off of detailerdomain.com. I just ordered a pack of 5 for ~$35 (use coupon code "NEWBIE" to get 15% off). Only pads I`ve used so far are the Hex Logic pads which I`m kinda `meh` about so far.

Why meh? No cut, pad control, pad sticking, hard to prime, clean?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    Why meh? No cut, pad control, pad sticking, hard to prime, clean?

I`m not sold on the idea behind the Hex pattern, while its meant to reduce the product you waste in the pad, I don`t see my product lasting any longer than it does with normal flat foam pads. I`m also noticing quite a lack of cutting power compared to flat foam.

Thread Information