Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I will be there and I will look you up once I arrive. Should I bring anything with me? And by the way, I did update my avatar photo as per your request. Looking forward to Saturday`s event...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Pro
    Ok, I will be there and I will look you up once I arrive. Should I bring anything with me? And by the way, I did update my avatar photo as per your request. Looking forward to Saturday`s event...
    Good deal. Just bring yourself (and a couple friends if you`d like), an appetite and an open mind! You also should pre-sign up too. Be prepared for tons of entertainment. I hear Barry Theal & Thomas Dekany might be doing some belly dancing between events.

:Banane21::bananajump::Banane10::Banane42::Banane3 4::Banane23::Banane47::Banane20::Banane44::Banane0 4::Banane17::Banane09::Banane52::smilingface (52)::Banane33::Banane14::Banane11::Banane40:
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Good deal. Just bring yourself (and a couple friends if you`d like), an appetite and an open mind! You also should pre-sign up too. Be prepared for tons of entertainment. I hear Barry Theal & Thomas Dekany might be doing some belly dancing between events.

:Banane21::bananajump::Banane10::Banane42::Banane3 4::Banane23::Banane47::Banane20::Banane44::Banane0 4::Banane17::Banane09::Banane52::smilingface (52)::Banane33::Banane14::Banane11::Banane40:

Hey David, I went to sign up for myself and a couple of my team mates but it said it needed to be done by the 15th. I did not want to sign up and not get my tickets so should I just show up and get them there? Please advise as to what are my options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I`m not sure & I`m about to board my plane to Cali. I would try contacting Ben @ Autopia, but it`s highly doubtful they will give you a problem if you just showed up, which is what I would advise you to do. I believe they were trying to have people pre-register so they have a baseline in respect to accomodating lunch & dinner for all. Nothing like a bunch of hungry detailers not having enough food. Here`s more info on the event:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/content...nar-party-152/
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Pro
    Hey David, I went to sign up for myself and a couple of my team mates but it said it needed to be done by the 15th. I did not want to sign up and not get my tickets so should I just show up and get them there? Please advise as to what are my options.

Hey Total,

You can still sign up. We may be out of room for the after party at BJ`s, but will do our best to squeeze you in if we can.

Bring your dollar bills with you.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this thread deserves a bump. I dug out my black lambswool pads I never used and hit the hood of my wagon that was resprayed. I removed the body shops buffer trails and haze with D300/MF Disc with no issue and left it alone for a few months to let the paint do it`s curing thing. Then polished it out with HD Polish/Black Pad and threw on some HD Poxy. The paint looked like sandpaper though and I figured I`d have to wetsand it...

Nope, wool ate that crap up and HD Polish finished it. I`ll have a pic up soon...I did a video, but you couldn`t see the difference. I don`t have the need for wool in my business (I do smaller detail jobs that don`t pay big), but it`s nice to know I have them for my own vehicles. I`m glad I stumbled upon this thread, it made me use these pads I seemingly wasted money on as they`ve sat in my garage for over a year without being opened!
    If you don`t know the answer, ask the question. The worst that can happen is that you find out the answer.

San Diego`s Professional Detailer

www.SanDiegoDetailer.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Cut down the time required, by using a rotary with the "lamb`s wool".

Then a quick follow up buffing with a foam pad and correct product with the DA to remove any minor "fiber strikes" by the lamb`s wool.

What most of those new to the "cutting/polishing-buffing" process is the difference between a "white (or whatever color), "twisted, 4 ply yarn cutting pad" and a true "tannic processed" geniune lambs wool pad.

A "lambs wool" pad that is geniune, will have a leather backing, not a canvas or such.

A "twisted yarn pad" is made from the wool that is sheared from the sheep and then processed into "yarn", that is then attached to a canvas backing. Great for fast cutting of a surface, however, the "twisted" yarn will leave "strike marks" in the paint film, which may require serious "polishing" to remove them.

Good ones, the best, are not black or grey in the color of the fibers or is the color of the "leather backing".

The "good" ones are sort of "orange" in color of the natural fibers and the leather is of the same color scale.

The "one" thing that makes them superior to the black or grey pads, is that the tanning process uses a "tannic" process, which does not remove all of the natural lanolin of the pad.

This makes them more "lubricating" as they are worked againist the paint surface.

Hope this clarifies some mis-conceptions that many have regarding "wool pads".

Old Man, Grumpy

(who has used such pads since the late 50`s)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information