Post Thanks / Like
    So my first question would be, do I want to use the 2 3/4" backing plate or 3.5" backing plate if I want to use the 4" spot buffing pads. What adapter do I get?

And then do I need to wash my M105 pads, M205 pads, and Klasse AIO pads all seperately? I`ve typically been throwing the M105 and 205 pads in a bucket of snappy clean and hand agitating. How should I wash my applicator pads for the Klasse SG or souverain/other topping products.

Thanks!
    Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

do a lot, with a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ptownTSI
    So my first question would be, do I want to use the 2 3/4" backing plate or 3.5" backing plate if I want to use the 4" spot buffing pads. What adapter do I get?

This is one case where the dreaded SEARCH is called for if you want a good, detailed explanation. Short version: there`s no (safe) way to use pads smaller than 5.5" or so on the Flex because of the design of the toothed/geared backing plate.

And then do I need to wash my M105 pads, M205 pads, and Klasse AIO pads all seperately? I`ve typically been throwing the M105 and 205 pads in a bucket of snappy clean and hand agitating.

I wouldn`t want to get M105 abrasives on my M205 or KAIO pads, so I`d wash them all separately.

How should I wash my applicator pads for the Klasse SG or souverain/other topping products.

Same way you clean any other pads (I just do it by hand with Dawn). Do them before the LSP dries and it`ll be a bit easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you can find the edge adapter (bought by 3m) you can use cyclo 4" pads.

Edge FLEX XC 3401 Conversion Adapter, Edge Pads adapter for FLEX Orbital Buffer, 3M Edge 2000 Adapter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit
    if you can find the edge adapter (bought by 3m) you can use cyclo 4" pads...

Ya know, I`ve *still* never tried my Edge adaptor on the Flex 341! It would probably work OK with 4" pads (although the machine`s housing is mighty big for this anyhow...), but just looking at the thing I can sure see how people kept breaking them. I guess I won`t call it "flimsy", but it sure doesn`t shout "heavy duty!" either with those little rivets holding it together. I can sure envision a hideous "oops!", the kind that precipitates paintwork.

Thread Information