Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solekeeper
    out of those 2 polished you listed, which do you think weill perform best after m105wool,m105 orange? (keep in mind i`m looking for something with less oil than the 205, and maybe a little more cut) Which at this time seems impossible.

PO203S, use it with a white or green Buff and shine pad, or similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    PO203S, use it with a white or green Buff and shine pad, or similar.

thank you, any pics of this compound in action?

Correction shots etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of different experiences in this thread. I found megs to work nicely *if* I magically nail the technique. It was too much hassle so I went to 106fa, which has been idiot proof. I have not had any leftover micromarring or experienced too much filling that washes away, although I`m typically only using 106fa alone when the finish has only minor wash marring, or using it after doing a full correction with 105 so there is not too much left to fill anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a menzerna chart here

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...3/DSC00404.jpg

my question is, what cut does the m205 have compared to the p0203s? that being a 3.5

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a menzerna chart here

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...3/DSC00404.jpg

my question is, what cut does the m205 have compared to the p0203s? that being a 3.5

Meguiars is similar to Menzerna PO106FA.

Try to get a sample of PO203S and give it a try. I would gladly send you some, but in live in Sweden and the shipping is expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Meguiars is similar to Menzerna PO106FA.

Try to get a sample of PO203S and give it a try. I would gladly send you some, but in live in Sweden and the shipping is expensive.

when you say similar, you`re saying cut wise right? I`ll have to ask around to find out more opinions.

And appreciate it! its ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, I posted the wrong link. LOL

here it is

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...uidSummary.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    when you say similar, you`re saying cut wise right? I`ll have to ask around to find out more opinions.

And appreciate it! its ok.

No problem. I have not used 205 so much since its so expensive in Sweden. PO203S power finish have more cut then Meguiars #205. And Menzerna PO106FA is similar in cut with #205.

Post Thanks / Like
    cut or not, nothing I`ve seen can SHINE as well as 205, except maybe Klasse but they are different types of shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    cut or not, nothing I`ve seen can SHINE as well as 205, except maybe Klasse but they are different types of shine.

Yes, 205 gives a great shine. But so does Menzerna PO203S and PO106FA. Honestly, I cant see a different shine if a car is polished with Meguiars, Menzerna, 3M, Scholl Concepts or even Turtle wax products if the guy behind the machine knows how to handle the products..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80

That`s what I had thought, until I followed M205 with some burnishing using Menzerna (the 106 variant relabeled "BlackFire"). No doubt in my mind that the Menzerna significantly improved the gloss that I`d achieved with the M205, and yeah, I did make sure it wasn`t just the Menzerna`s oils/etc. FWIW, the car in question was a `97 BMW e36 M3 in Byzanz Metallic (very hard clear).

I still think M205 finishes out very well, and that there`s nothing *wrong* with the gloss/etc. that it leaves. But I don`t think it`s the best either. I settled for the finish that M205/finishing pad left on my Carbon Metallic GMC, and it looked fine.

I`ve used ZAIO after M205 and it appeared to improve the finish just a little, but it was hard to tell if that was from additional polishing from the ZAIO`s abrasives or just a "glossing up" from the stuff ZAIO leaves behind :nixweiss Whichever it was, the vehicles did look a bit better (`00 Chevrolet Pewter and `01 Ford Vibrant White).

When it comes to Klasse, a number of people here have finished with Menzerna PO85RD, and then followed that with the Klasse twins, only to find that the KAIO slightly *diminished* the gloss/etc. that the PO85RD had left. I haven`t tried my PO85RD yet, so I can`t say anything from first-hand experience, but I have generally come to agree with my (best) painter who believes that *nothing* leaves quite as nice a finish as Menzerna.

Not that I`m closed-minded on the subject...a short time ago I was using completely different stuff that I thought was OK, only to find that there are some *much* better products out there after all. Won`t be surprised if that happens again.

Post Thanks / Like
    accumlator, have you used the p0203s?

How does it compare to the m205 cut?

I`m so much worried about gloss guys, its more correction from the past 2 steps..

Post Thanks / Like
    accumlator, have you used the p0203s?

How does it compare to the m205 cut?

Sorry, never tried PO203 :nixweiss

But I don`t expect much cut from stuff like M205 as I consider such products to be *finishing* polishes. Yeah, I know that some people here use M205 with orange pads for correction, but it didn`t work out as a good approach *for me*.

I`m so much worried about gloss guys, its more correction from the past 2 steps..

Huh? Did you mean to say that you`re *NOT* much worried about gloss?

Post Thanks / Like
    well i`m more worried about cleaning up my marks from m105 wool, and m105 orange before adding gloss is what I mean.

The p02 is rated at a 3.5 cut, and is considered (by menzerna) as a polish. not a finishing polish.. I`m still curious as to it`s finish down ability.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on what you leave behind from m105 which is dependent on the hardness/softness of the clear. Are you trying to finish down only with a rotary? Rotary + po203+ LC white may leave holo on very soft clear. In any case, I find it easier and experience more consistent result with PO203 on very soft clear. M205 is still a very good polish though and I still use it on harder clear to remove holo from m105. I do like the overall experience with m205 even though i find it cut lesser and more tedious to finish holo free.

Imo, it doesnt matter whether its called a finishing polish. For the things i do, my priority will be achieving holo/marring free finish and not aiming for ulitmate possible shine and I think it may be the same for you. If I can just use m105 and not leaving any marring/holo behind, i would, but most cases, I cant.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information