Post Thanks / Like
    Looked at a 3 year old Honda Milano Red single stage (basecoat mixed with clearcoat) paint that appears to have been aggressively over buffed. The spot is on the hood 1 inch by 1/8 inch. Looks like paint is half gone. Rest of hood is fine.

Besides respraying whole hood, what options does the owner have (eg. Dr Colorchip, professional touchup...)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Making a spot-in repair look right on red might be tricky, but with single stage it might work OK if the painter is good and they get the color match right. I`ve had spot-ins work fine with single stage on the Jag, and even on my b/c vehicles (even though that`s apparently a :nono).

Post Thanks / Like
    I really wouldn`t consider a spot repair on any panel, but especially not on a hood. That is the first panel that paint starts to fail on. Whoever burned a hole in it needs to pay up for a respray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsc
    Besides respraying whole hood, what options does the owner have (eg. Dr Colorchip, professional touchup...)?

Not trying to be funny... but a film such as offered by Wraptivoâ„¢is a reasonable option:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I really wouldn`t consider a spot repair on any panel, but especially not on a hood. That is the first panel that paint starts to fail on. Whoever burned a hole in it needs to pay up for a respray.

Heh heh...every time somebody :nono about that I cringe a little when I walk past the A8 and S8 :nervous2: No problems yet (and that`s after many years..) but, well, yeah....

Guess I`m just lucky, or more likely, as I think was Flashtime said, perhaps my vehicles really *are* that pampered. The only spot-ins that *ever* failed for me were the ones done pre-delivery on my Jag. All the ones done by my painters have held up fine :nixweiss Heh heh, hope I don`t jinx myself posting stuff like this!

Thread Information