Post Thanks / Like
    I tried Chemical Guys 2-in-1 Polish with a Medium cutting pad. It works great for the most part, however I have 1 or 2 scratches on every panel that wont come out. I made the mistake of trying to push harder and of course micro scratching/halograming the clear coat. (which was a annoying to get out later)

How do you guys deal with that? Do you guys redo the whole panel with a heavier compound? or just pass over the scratch with heavier compound and ease back down to a lighter compound?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Koko
    How do you guys deal with that? Do you guys redo the whole panel with a heavier compound? or just pass over the scratch with heavier compound and ease back down to a lighter compound?

I hit the RIDS only so I`m not removing so much clear from the whole panel. If it`s really obvious that I`ve removed more clear in that area I *might* try to "feather" it in with the surrounding area but generally IMO if you can tell that you`ve taken off a lot more clear in one area then it`s because you`ve taken off more than you probably should have.

I have areas like that on my Yukon (and also had `em on the M3) and there`s no way I`d want to extend that "damage" (hey, it`s very mild but I do consider it damage) to the clearcoat to a larger area. I consider those areas to be reminders that it`s not always a good idea to get all Autopian about this stuff; some flaws are best lived with.

Thread Information