Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i was curious and would like to hear from everyone on this.. since technology with new polishes/compounds constantly evolving (who knows what the future holds), does anyone find themselves not needing the rotary at all, or very little these days? the new megs DA microfiber system is intriguing and one can wonder how well it performs, and not to mention how it will compare to the surbufs. your opinion(s) please...

Post Thanks / Like
    For non hard clears, its hard to come up with a reason to use the rotary. On hard german paint, the rotary even seems slow sometimes, so short of a miracle, I`ll keep using both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    For non hard clears, its hard to come up with a reason to use the rotary. On hard german paint, the rotary even seems slow sometimes, so short of a miracle, I`ll keep using both.

yeah, scottwax asked this question mol and here`s the answer he got...

Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    How well does this system work on Audi paint? That is the one paint I always have to use the rotary on, KB method takes way too long on Audis.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops
    If by "Audi paint" you mean "hard paint" then the answer is it works great! This system actually really likes hard paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll ALWAYS use the rotary more. Only time I will use the PC is jeweling and areas where it`s kind of tight or weird areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used my rotaries since I got M105 and the Flex (and some 2K and 4K Mirka disks). I *do* plan to use the rotaries with some rocks-in-a-bottle compound on one of the beaters though.

Post Thanks / Like
    With the new Meg`s MF polishing system coming out, it will most likely permantely put my rotary out of it`s misery.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Flex 3401 with wool pad does amazing corrections. I still use my rotary though but not on every detail. Working on an 09 M3 that is full of deep scratches and the rotary comes handy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m about 50/50 now, but I`m moving slowly towards the orbitals. The rotary is still nice for speed when you need it; I also find I still have better control with it. But ya, with 105/205, KBM etc... orbitals are certainly making a lot of things easier. Now if the damned backing plates would stop melting.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since everyone using DA more and more What DA`s are you using?? Griots? Flex? PC7424XP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toymachine2009
    Since everyone using DA more and more What DA`s are you using?? Griots? Flex? PC7424XP

Flex 3401, Griot`s, Cyclos, even my old PCs now and then. Don`t use my Griot`s 3" very much though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Flex 3401, Griot`s, Cyclos, even my old PCs now and then. Don`t use my Griot`s 3" very much though.

I`m using the GG 3" to spread LSPs more than anything else. 4" crimson H2Otech and you can really go to town one handed.

As for the OP`s original rotary question, I hadn`t used my monster-heavy ATD for so long I passed it on. Couldn`t resist a killer deal on a Flex 3403 so I guess I`ll be giving that a try. I won some 1-Pad stuff on another Forum so we`ll see how that works out.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toymachine2009

I have a Flex and PCXP; I tend to use the PCXP more than the Flex. I`d have grabbed the GG over the PCXP, but... Canada :/
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Flex 3401 with wool pad does amazing corrections. I still use my rotary though but not on every detail. Working on an 09 M3 that is full of deep scratches and the rotary comes handy.

You use wool pads with a 3401?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99

I use PFW pads via Flex and Griot`s 6".

I sometimes use 4" wool (regular Edge yellow and blue wool) via PC/etc. Works well with M105 when you want to be aggressive. So those pads, in a larger size, oughta work fine via Flex too IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost always to level - PFW, Micro Mesh and the gray ones from Kleen Car. Sometimes an orange pad does enough cutting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information