Post Thanks / Like
    Can it be done? I am assuming by the look of the machine, yes. I just prefer smaller pads than a 6 or 6.5 inch.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, It can be done.... Read this Post:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...-griots-d.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, just did it the other day myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Yep, just did it the other day myself.

What pads were you using? I had a 4" LC plate and the "square-edged" (i.e. not beveled) yellow CCS pad and it seemed very sensitive to being level with the paint, etc. and bogging down. I need to get the same setup on my XP to compare, but I was surprised. Even the 3" Griot`s orbital had no issues at all.

I`m going to do some testing when I go back to he car in a couple of weeks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lee@glosshaus
    What pads were you using?

4" Orange from I-can`t-remember Yeah, that was sorta sensitive in the manner you described but it worked OK.

4" Green Cyclo (old style). Much less sensitive as I recall, or at least I don`t remember any issues.

Both were "square"/unbeveled pads. If it matters (and I somehow suspect it might :think: ) both were kinda old/worn.

I often find 4" pads to be a bit unstable/etc. on such machines and quite frequently turn the speed down a bit and avoid applying much pressure (especially after that "oops!" I did on my minivan a few years back ).

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll try to test the same pads, etc. with the XP. I was a little miffed considering how well the 3" orbital behaved on the exact same panel with the exact same pad.

Also have a full complement of LC beveled 3" pads coming in Yellow, Orange, White and Black (the 3" equivalents of what I use in my GlossHaus kits). Will report back with those, too...

Post Thanks / Like
    lee@golsshaus- It`ll be interesting to hear how things go for you. I currently have a 3" plate on one of the PCs (old version, not XP), but I`ve only used the Griot`s orange polishing pads on it.

I was using the 4" pads on the Griot`s while doing the RX-7; pretty soft paint that I was being rather gentle on. SO it sure wasn`t like I was correcting one of the Audis or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lee@glosshaus
    Also have a full complement of LC beveled 3" pads coming in Yellow, Orange, White and Black (the 3" equivalents of what I use in my GlossHaus kits).

The availability of a selection of 3" pads is a vast wasteland. With all the 3" GG & Metabos out there you`d think somebody would offer a selection of LC 3" pads. Anybody that stocks `em shouldn`t be wanting for buyers once the word gets out.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell
    The availability of a selection of 3" pads is a vast wasteland. With all the 3" GG & Metabos out there you`d think somebody would offer a selection of LC 3" pads. Anybody that stocks `em shouldn`t be wanting for buyers once the word gets out.

TL

yeah, no doubt. i wish someone would carry them. heck, even the surbufs are available in that size (3" in a package of 8)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell

TL

Until the selection gets broader, I`m pretty happy with only the Griot`s foam ones. As I`m always saying, those are some mighty versatile pads.

Thread Information