Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, newb here. Been using a PC for years and never had the need for a rotary. Now I just purchased a new car and feel like the PC isnt getting the job done. So I would like to buy a rotary, pads, and product. Could someone give me a basic guide to what I need to purchase? Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a rotary guy, but why do you need a rotary for a new car? Get the Meg`s G110v2 or the Griots RO these machines will get any marring off your paint with the right polish and pads. You will probably only need the Wolfgang twins, but the Meg`s 105/205 will cut more if you need it. You might also consider the new Optimum Spray Compound and Spray Polish. Advantage=no dust. As far as pads, stay with the 5.5" pads for a DA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help legacy, but its actually not a new car, its new to ME, but it is USED. haha....are the pads you listed for a rotary ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tuflon
    Thanks for the help legacy, but its actually not a new car, its new to ME, but it is USED. haha....are the pads you listed for a rotary ?
    I like the 6" Lake Country Kompressor pads for both PC and Rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    I`m a rotary guy, but why do you need a rotary for a new car? Get the Meg`s G110v2 or the Griots RO these machines will get any marring off your paint with the right polish and pads. You will probably only need the Wolfgang twins, but the Meg`s 105/205 will cut more if you need it. You might also consider the new Optimum Spray Compound and Spray Polish. Advantage=no dust. As far as pads, stay with the 5.5" pads for a DA.

Arethe G110v2 and Griots RO different machines than the PC? I thought they were basically the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like System 51 polishes and pads for rotary. Water based, so even if you do get sling its really easy to clean up.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99MONGUSE
    Arethe G110v2 and Griots RO different machines than the PC? I thought they were basically the same.

The Griot`s has a good bit more power than the PC. And then there`s the forced-rotation Flex 3401, which has basically replaced rotaries for me. Haven`t touched either of mine since I got the Flex.

But if you want a rotary, I`d choose between a) a Makita (which I have) or a Dewalt, or else b) a Metabo (also have one of those). The first two are kinda similar, the Metabo is kinda different; both have their pros/cons IMO.

Thread Information