Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    I would be pissing myself laughing if it wasn`t so sad to see how far this site has fallen.

There are plenty of other detailing sites for you to partake in if you find this one particularly offensive to your expertise. I for one avoided UF all together knowing 3M`s history of heavy filling and claiming it was filler free. I for one trust David`s assessment of it, why would he tell you it has a really good filling ability if it didn`t? What does HE have to gain? Most detailers here pride themselves on using products with as few/no fillers as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    There are plenty of other detailing sites for you to partake in if you find this one particularly offensive to your expertise. I for one avoided UF all together knowing 3M`s history of heavy filling and claiming it was filler free. I for one trust David`s assessment of it, why would he tell you it has a really good filling ability if it didn`t? What does HE have to gain? Most detailers here pride themselves on using products with as few/no fillers as possible.

I knew you would comment. You can`t resist me for some reason. You notice I don`t comment on anything you say unless you are commenting on my posts. Don`t concern your self with what sites I partake in.

You believe 3M UF has fillers that can withstand multiple applications of paint thinner? Not alcohol but PAINT THINNER? HA HA HA HA You let your obvious bias against me cloud your judgment and look foolish in the process. You are good for a laugh though.

I would love to hear from others on here who actually believe that any fillers that might be in 3M UF, or any product for that matter, can hold up to paint thinner.

Post Thanks / Like

You believe 3M UF has fillers that can withstand multiple applications of paint thinner? Not alcohol but PAINT THINNER? HA HA HA HA You let your obvious bias against me cloud your judgment and look foolish in the process. You are good for a laugh though.

I agree that paint thinner sounds like an impossible feat, but it`s certainly not the first time I`ve seen something withstand impossible odds.

I have no bias against you, I just have more trust in David F so I don`t feel foolish and don`t feel like I`m looking like a fool here either. You are the only one in this thread going against the general consensus that UF has fillers, so in my eyes you are the one looking foolish.

Just my thoughts on all of it.

Here`s another thought on UF:

Detailing World - View Single Post - 3M Ultrafina

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that paint thinner sounds like an impossible feat, but it`s certainly not the first time I`ve seen something withstand impossible odds.

I have no bias against you, I just have more trust in David F so I don`t feel foolish and don`t feel like I`m looking like a fool here either. You are the only one in this thread going against the general consensus that UF has fillers, so in my eyes you are the one looking foolish.

Just my thoughts on all of it.

Here`s another thought on UF:

Detailing World - View Single Post - 3M Ultrafina

It`s gone beyond just weather UF has fillers. Now it`s about it having Ultra Fillers that are basically indestructible.

Where are the Autopia experts? Why are they not commenting? I will tell you why? They know as well as me the paint thinner claim is total BS. Since they don `t want to go against a guy who has rep for being a good detailer they don`t say anything. In doing so they let obvious BS go unchallenged and this is how Autopian myths are born. These people are too busy trying to be nice guys instead of getting to the truth.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are the Autopia experts? Why are they not commenting? I will tell you why? They know as well as me the paint thinner claim is total BS. Since they don `t want to go against a guy who has rep for being a good detailer they don`t say anything. In doing so they let obvious BS go unchallenged and this is how Autopian myths are born. These people are too busy trying to be nice guys instead of getting to the truth.

No, they`re too busy doing their day to day jobs. Check back this weekend when people have had a chance to sit down at their computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve actually found UF to be slightly less aggressive than PO85RD but there so close IMO it`s not worth arguing over. They both work great as a jeweling polish but when I tested them on my car using the same process for each I saw less pigment transfer to my pads with UF. Regardless, I use which ever one works best for the particular paint I`m working on.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are the Autopia experts? Why are they not commenting?
    Scottwax on the first page, David F, and Mindflux have contributed several times. Who exactly are you waiting for to grace us with their presence?

paint thinner wipe downs
    This has real word application right? I`ll be sure and try this on the 2007 Jag XJR I detail on a regular basis. Can`t WAIT to see how that turns out.

It`s called experimenting on some panels you get from the scrap yard
    Do you actually detail running vehicles? Or do you just hang out in junkyards conducting your paint thinner and herculean hand polishing experiments on poor defenseless body parts that just want to rust in peace so you can come to places like autopia with your "experience" and troll everyone who doesn`t tell you what you want to hear? Please feel free to leave if you can`t stand the "BS" that autopia is so fond of--and evidently notorious for--perpetuating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    I`ve actually found UF to be slightly less aggressive than PO85RD but there so close IMO it`s not worth arguing over. They both work great as a jeweling polish but when I tested them on my car using the same process for each I saw less pigment transfer to my pads with UF. Regardless, I use which ever one works best for the particular paint I`m working on.

I agree UF is a great finishing/jeweling polish. I don`t know how this thread got so far off topic but it was supposed to be about where UF was on a scale of 1-10. The answer is it`s very mild but not as mild as some other products like FP II for example.

Correction I do know how this thread got off topic. It seems certain people on here have to go against what ever I say. It`s an Itch they have to scratch. The need is so great they are willing to side with absolute BS just to go against what I say.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, they`re too busy doing their day to day jobs. Check back this weekend when people have had a chance to sit down at their computer.

And you think once the weekend is here they are going to come into this thread and say UF fillers will stand up to multiple paint thinner applications? Ha Ha bring it on. Lets see who else will be ridiculous enough to side with that. On the off chance there are people with that view lets see some proof. This will be amusing at the very least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillHo
    Scottwax on the first page, David F, and Mindflux have contributed several times. Who exactly are you waiting for to grace us with their presence?

I was referring to them commenting on weather 3M UF fillers could stand up to paint thinner as David said it could. Nobody but Mindflux has commented on it.

This has real word application right? I`ll be sure and try this on the 2007 Jag XJR I detail on a regular basis. Can`t WAIT to see how that turns out.

I`m not the one that said it. David did. I have no idea if it was real world application ask him if it was. Either way it`s total BS.

Do you actually detail running vehicles? Or do you just hang out in junkyards conducting your paint thinner and herculean hand polishing experiments on poor defenseless body parts that just want to rust in peace so you can come to places like autopia with your "experience" and troll everyone who doesn`t tell you what you want to hear? Please feel free to leave if you can`t stand the "BS" that autopia is so fond of--and evidently notorious for--perpetuating.

Do you even know what your talking about? You find practicing on panels and parts of cars to be a dumb thing? It`s the perfect place to do experiments and learn the limitations of a product. It`s the perfect place to learn. Not on some body`s car. The fact you find it something to ridicule goes to show what you don`t know.

I`m a troll for saying UF is a great finishing polish and I find it to be more aggressive than FP II? Or is it that I`m a troll because I find David`s claim that UF has fillers that can withstand paint thinner to be BS? Please enlighten me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Anthony, does that "A" stand for arse? It should.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    Hey Anthony, does that "A" stand for arse? It should.

Why do you feel the need to insult me? What have I done to deserve that? Am I an arse because I call BS when I see it? Do you believe UF has fillers that paint thinner won`t remove? Do you believe that letting obviously BS info like that go unchallenged is the right thing to do? There are rules on here about personal attacks like the one you just committed on me.

I can see this thread getting locked and a massive Autopian BS myth being left unchallenged. There is a problem when obviously incorrect info is let go and than becomes a truth just because you like the person who provides the incorrect info and dislike the person who challenges it. It`s childish little girl play ground politics.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are an arse because you keep yappin about something like a little pooch and for your information, David Fermani has forgot more about detailing than you will ever learn, assuming you get your head out of your butt and try to listen. Here`s a tip, read this whole thread again and see who looks childish. I`m sure you made a lot of friends calling Autopia BS. If you doubt David, fine - go on, nobody cares about what some wannabe thinks anyway - or did you not get that from the other posters on this?

Now I`m finisihed feeding you little troll.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read some major BS on detail forums before but this thread takes the BS cake. Fillers that can withstand multiple PAINT THINNER wipe downs what a joke. In my experience trying so many different polishes that I have lost count I have found the filling ability of any of them to be very minor at best. Sure minor defects can be filled and some more severe ones reduced with some filling but the paint still looks much less than perfect. I have never seen a polish fill to the extent some on here say they can. Even glazes made for that purpose don`t do a very good job of it. Even the polishes that did fill some didn`t last very long even when topped with a durable wax. The filling ability of these products has been exaggerated to the point of stupidity on here. Now claims of a polish that has fillers that can withstand multiple applications of paint thinner. I would be pissing myself laughing if it wasn`t so sad to see how far this site has fallen.

I happen to agree with a lot you are saying here. The filling effects most speak of with polishes and glazes is brought far out of proportion in my humble opinion.
    Club Flex Member

Newport Auto Perfection owner and operator.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are the Autopia experts? Why are they not commenting? I will tell you why?

I guess from now on you`rethe Autopia ultimate expert... Nobody has more experience detailing junk scraps than you....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information