Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CosminTX
    i use it with flex DA and blue 3m pad and it has cutting power, BUT depends of the paint if is soft or harder. i think it does better on softer paints. a good product to have.

also need ipa or dawn wash , has oils that needs to be remove

About that. I noticed absolutely no filling with it. If you watch the video 3M had out and read the label they make a point of it being a product that does not fill but actually removes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    About that. I noticed absolutely no filling with it. If you watch the video 3M had out and read the label they make a point of it being a product that does not fill but actually removes.

Gmblack3a has posted pictures of a rewash after UF showing polishing oils coming off the car. It`s gotta have at least minor fillers. I`ve never used it, but 3M`s other products are pretty notorious for their filling abilities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    Gmblack3a has posted pictures of a rewash after UF showing polishing oils coming off the car. It`s gotta have at least minor fillers. I`ve never used it, but 3M`s other products are pretty notorious for their filling abilities.

Yes the older 3M products are known for fillers but 3M emphasized many times in the video that there are no fillers and that UF removes. That`s my experience with it. As for the pictures showing polishing oils coming off. Every polish leaves residue behind that doesn`t mean it`s fillers. How can a picture show that it`s oils and not just polish residue? Any ways I put my actual experience with a product way ahead of any Autopia BS picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the older 3M products are known for fillers but 3M emphasized many times in the video that there are no fillers and that UF removes. That`s my experience with it. As for the pictures showing polishing oils coming off. Every polish leaves residue behind that doesn`t mean it`s fillers. How can a picture show that it`s oils and not just polish residue? Any ways I put my actual experience with a product way ahead of any Autopia BS picture.

Residue doesn`t look like an oil slick, that`s how.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    Residue doesn`t look like an oil slick, that`s how.

Oil slick ha ha. I use UF and it definitely doesn`t leave an oil slick behind. Any ways as I said I use the stuff and I know what it does and that`s all that matters to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cuts around 2, finishes around 0.1
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Never tried with a PC or Flex, but it makes a rotary soooo easy to use! Almost wish I had kept mine just to use Ultrafina, but I can get results with 105 and Menzerna 203 that are good enough for the clients I have.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    Never tried with a PC or Flex, but it makes a rotary soooo easy to use! Almost wish I had kept mine just to use Ultrafina, but I can get results with 105 and Menzerna 203 that are good enough for the clients I have.

It`s not just the nice finish that matters to me. It`s using a product that is no more aggressive than it has to be. There a lot of polishes that finish out nice put remove way more clear than is needed in the process. Too many on here only seem to care about the final finish. Why remove more clear than needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not just the nice finish that matters to me. It`s using a product that is no more aggressive than it has to be. There a lot of polishes that finish out nice put remove way more clear than is needed in the process. Too many on here only seem to care about the final finish. Why remove more clear than needed.

How much more material will say a finishing polish like FPII or PO85 remove compared to the same pad & process and UF?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    How much more material will say a finishing polish like FPII or PO85 remove compared to the same pad & process and UF?

As I posted earlier in this thread UF handled marring in one application that FP II took 3 and 4 applications to handle. So to answer your question FP II will remove less than UF since UF is more aggressive than FP II.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you measured the loss of material thickness?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    Have you measured the loss of material thickness?

Why would I? It`s moronically obvious that if using identical pads and machines on the same paint on the same panel and the only difference is the product used, the product that removes the most marring in one application is the most aggressive. In my testing it was UF over FP II.

Post Thanks / Like
    With M105 you stop when the defect is gone - ok, and IMHO, only keep polishing if you have a client that will pay for it, then grab ultrafina or 85rd. Mike Phillips did an experiment where they used wool pads and some rocks in the bottle compound and showed via a paint guage how friggin hard you would have to buff to remove a little bit of clear.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    With M105 you stop when the defect is gone - ok, and IMHO, only keep polishing if you have a client that will pay for it, then grab ultrafina or 85rd. Mike Phillips did an experiment where they used wool pads and some rocks in the bottle compound and showed via a paint guage how friggin hard you would have to buff to remove a little bit of clear.

Someone else on MOL did that and showed it was actually pretty easy to remove some paint with a rotary and a compound. A lot easier than Mike`s experiment let on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the older 3M products are known for fillers but 3M emphasized many times in the video that there are no fillers and that UF removes.

Why remove more clear than needed.

Ultrafina = Ultra-Filler. It WILL and DOES fill (chemically). I`ve discussed this with 3 3M reps and they seem to agree. Body shops everywhere are avoiding their 3 step process and going from Compound to UF with decent results (temporarily). That`s because it has great long lasting fillers. It does and will wear off slowing bringing back the wool pad/compound marring in these applications. Any time it removes more than light/faint buffer trails(especially with a finishing pad) it is most likely filling. It`s not designed to do anything more than that. Take some UF and rub it between 2 pieces of celophane. You`ll notice it hardly has any abrasives. Do the same with FPII & PO85 and you`ll see the difference. You can buff a car with UF many dozen times and probably not remove a micron or 2 of paint.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information